Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what happened?

Options
  • 03-05-2010 9:03pm

Last night at about midnight in Catherine place (i think), just off Mallow Street, loads of Gardai. A.R.U/ E.R.U (whatever they are called) in the big unmarked jeeps and the volvo estates, patrick wagons, teccie cars etc outside a house. Possibly just raided. Another gangster bust maybe? Heard a load of skangers roaring too. Heard nothing on the news. Just a bit curious is all...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Arounf 21:00hrs I saw a few cops and an ambulance at the corner of Mallow St and Catherine Place, just thought it may have been a RTA or someone collapsing on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I blame the head shops

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I blame unsolicited text messages. ;)

OP, have no idea what happened there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Maybe it had something to do with the Brothel raid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

There has been a marked increase in the number of young prostitutes working from this street. Some nights there are loads of cars hovering around and picking girls up.

I know this as I have to pass that way several times at night doing deliveries.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

There has been a marked increase in the number of young prostitutes working from this street.

Where exactly do find.......erm avoid these women?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

I know this as I have to pass that way several times at night doing deliveries

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Itsthecraic Kes73 read rule 7 of the charter please./

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Itsthecraic Kes73 read rule 7 of the charter please./

Physician, heal thyself.

There was no malice or insult in what I said, just a bit of light ribbing. Nice to see you only highlighted two people though rather than all posts that were not "helpful"

Maybe look at yourself first with your own thread with the suggestion of foul language in the title before coming down on people for nothing posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Ladies, ladies, ladies.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Handbags, popcorn or exile?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Exam stress time, must be

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Working in the area on Sunday night and the ARU along with two squad cars were circuling streets surrounding Catherine st for a good hour. We wondered too what what going on - they seemed to be on the lookout for someone or some thing as they were intently gazing out of their vehicles every time they passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Passed there at about midnight last night and the special branch were chatting to the working girls on the pavement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

There was brothel raid on Sunday night alright, there were three spanish ladies operating it. But would this cause this much commotion?!! :confused:

Advertisement