Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of MP3 downloads in IE

• 03-05-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd go and legally download some music and save myself some money by shopping around. The problem though was that I couldn't buy anything from the UK sites due to country restrictions. The album I wanted would have cost me less than €6 from hmv.co.uk, similar on Amazon.

So I had a look at some Irish alternatives, Itunes, Eircom's music site and 7digital. Each of them wanted €13.99 for the same album! :mad:

There is no justification for a discrepancy that large for digitally distributed media. I'm off to the UK this week so will pick it up while I'm over there, but that kind of profiteering is sickening.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭lau1247

would you not just buy it in the shop then if it works out at 6EUR?

While it may be cheaper in the UK but you have to get a flight etc which is a lot of hassle. It's all good if you happen to go that way for whatever reason but day to day speaking the local shop is still showing good value..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

It's €19 in a shop here or £12 online for a CD so still not the best option. Flight to the UK cancelled so the search goes on.

Advertisement