Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "classic" French manicure- out of style?

• 03-05-2010 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Do you still wear a French manicure on your nails?
    For me, personally, I have seen so many hideously long acrylic nails painted French (usually paired with an orange tan) that at this stage as soon as I see a French manicure, that's what I am reminded of. On the opposite end of the scale they also scream "bride" or "job interview" I think.
    Same with red nails. I know it's a "classic" colour but I think it's been overdone and is a bit old-fashioned now.
    What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yes, but on natural and fairly short nails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I wear it all the time, but like Pythia on fairly short nails.

In the absence of orange tan and 2cm acrylic talons, I think it looks nice and discreet.

And I love short red nails with a short red dress.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Maybe very long nails just make any colour/style look hideous. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Magenta wrote: »
    Maybe very long nails just make any colour/style look hideous. :p

I think thats the key really, I HATE claws of any colour, its a tacky look.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I love the classic pink undercoat. I don't put white tips on my nails but I do love the white tips on my toe nails when I get a pedi! I feel that my nails can breathe with a little light coat of pink. I always wear mad colors on my nails so I like to give them a break!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

I like french polished toe-nails. I think it makes toes look very neat and groomed. French polish matches any colour clothes so it's a handy one for toes as I don't do them as much as my fingers as they last longer. I think red can look good as well, but not for me day-to-day, more for a night out. I don't really like loud colours for fingers at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I can't stand a French manicure when the nails are fake, and square, and unnaturally shiny. Ugh! Think it looks nice when it's so natural you're not sure if the person just has really healthy nails of their own.

As for red nails, I like 'em. Again, not long nails though. Just short and rounded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I have naturally very long nails so I keep them manicured never liked fake
    nails to be honest found them difficult to keep.

Advertisement