Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of demands......

Options
  • 03-05-2010 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

If you could get your network to do something like add a certain feature or service what would it be?

(within reason :D)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Using Vodafone prepay a lot lately so online call history would be a major thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ye thats one thing i was thinking of. Same with the meteor data. Should be things that should be there already

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

I'd like to see a feature that shows you what your bill would be if you were on the price plans other than your own...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

lots and lots of data on prepay....they're slowly catching on though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

I'd like to be able to get decent coverage and a customer care that reponds to questions asked on forums :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I am on O2, I would like if on an unlimited data package, you could see easily how much data you have used per month instead of having to ring O2 to find it out :( You can't figure it out easily on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

angel01 wrote: »
    I am on O2, I would like if on an unlimited data package, you could see easily how much data you have used per month instead of having to ring O2 to find it out :( You can't figure it out easily on the website.

It is possible, but it is a bit confusing. The trick is to use "Details since last bill" and filter by "data/entertainment services"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Similar to other people but I'd like to be able to just purchase a data plan while still on prepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Tell operators to stick their 18 month contracts up their asses.

Since the iPhone came out, 18 month is de rigueur.

Suggest anything else to O2 and they behave as if you'd asked for something completely outrageous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

The simple things really; tariff transparency, no hidden limits e.g. "unlimited" voice and/or data plans, proper use of the English language e.g. not using the word "unlimited" and having a * denoting additional t&cs, handset network unlocking across all handsets, 6/12 month contracts... only, abolishment of 90's data charging.

Not a lot to be honest. Much of it is common sense and good business practice.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    The simple things really; tariff transparency, no hidden limits e.g. "unlimited" voice and/or data plans, proper use of the English language e.g. not using the word "unlimited" and having a * denoting additional t&cs, handset network unlocking across all handsets, 6/12 month contracts... only, abolishment of 90's data charging.

Not a lot to be honest. Much of it is common sense and good business practice.

I noticed that three have FUP 3000 texts on their new ad for the prepay unlimited plan. Was surprised that its 'readable size' on the screen

Davy wrote: »
    I noticed that three have FUP 3000 texts on their new ad for the prepay unlimited plan. Was surprised that its 'readable size' on the screen

You shouldn't be, as I doubt it was done on their own initiative; they were probably too worried about having to deal with ComReg and/or ASAI. Even with this policy, they shouldn't be allowed to use the word unlimited. And just because it's done by other companies doesn't make it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

n/m

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Rsaeire wrote: »
    You shouldn't be, as I doubt it was done on their own initiative; they were probably too worried about having to deal with ComReg and/or ASAI. Even with this policy, they shouldn't be allowed to use the word unlimited. And just because it's done by other companies doesn't make it right.

Doesnt every Network who offer unlimited free texts have a cap?
    3k for 3, 4k for o2 (I think I cant remember I hit it once :P) I dont know about meteor.

Then 3k is the FUP on 3's free calls to any network too which is ok?
    I dont like their new data for prepay though its like "unlimited data for €5" but it has a FUP of 250mb thats a bit stupid if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

I'd love to be able to try out new phones at home - maybe for a week at a time - just to see what really suited me best before purchasing. This wouldn't have to be as outrageous as it seems - a deposit for safe return of each phone (one at a time, of course) and they could use these trial versions over and over again for the same purpose.
    Even if you go into a shop, getting your hands on a phone stuck to a wire isn't really a fair trial and gives you no good idea of the features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

If you could get your network to do something like add a certain feature or service what would it be?

(within reason :D)

make a latte macchiato

It is possible, but it is a bit confusing. The trick is to use "Details since last bill" and filter by "data/entertainment services"

I have tried to do that but it doesn't give me a full figure, if I ring O2, they can say, you have used ___ amount. I have tried loads of times on the O2 website and it never works for me :(

Domscard wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to try out new phones at home - maybe for a week at a time - just to see what really suited me best before purchasing.

Good for the consumer, but to much hassle for them. Does anywhere in europe offer this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Good for the consumer, but to much hassle for them. Does anywhere in europe offer this?

Not that I'm aware of per se, though I've noticed, particularly on US forums, that people talk about 'buying' a phone and returning it within a set period (maybe a week) if they don't like it. This seems to be an ok/acceptable thing to do, which begs the question of what happens to these 'tried out' phones subsequently?
    I really wouldn't mind a small admin charge if necessary. I've held off buying a new phone in the past for fear of making a mistake with an expensive purchase. I'm happy now with my N900 but I could easily have been afraid to dip if I hadn't had the benefit of Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

Not that I'm aware of per se, though I've noticed, particularly on US forums, that people talk about 'buying' a phone and returning it within a set period (maybe a week) if they don't like it. This seems to be an ok/acceptable thing to do, which begs the question of what happens to these 'tried out' phones subsequently?
    I really wouldn't mind a small admin charge if necessary. I've held off buying a new phone in the past for fear of making a mistake with an expensive purchase. I'm happy now with my N900 but I could easily have been afraid to dip if I hadn't had the benefit of Boards.

I'd say the cost of this would be too high, they would have to have more than one, probably 5 or more trial versions of each handset in each store. These phones are then useless (outside of the trial) and cannot be sold.

You can do that anyway? there is a grace period of 7 days to get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Unlimited free calls, text and data nationally and internationally.

Well you asked....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

An Irish based call centre, that is my one wish

I love some networks responses on that one Little Miss,

ie. Everyone is moving their CC abroad.

I thought O2 had that

Even if its based here, they still employ people that are aren't fluent english speaking so its still very frustrating.

just make everything automated, give the websites more options that you can change account, and get more staff on email for quick responses. Then it doesn't what how much you cant understand them

Even if its baseyd here, they still employ people that are aren't fluent english speaking so its still very frustrating.

just make everything automated, give the websites more options that you can change account, and get more staff on email for quick responses. Then it doesn't what how much you cant understand them

I doubt anyone employs staff we can speak proper englishi think its more irish people not even having the patience for others. Like im irish and i cant understand some people.

mooneyd wrote: »
    I doubt anyone employs staff we can speak proper englishi think its more irish people not even having the patience for others. Like im irish and i cant understand some people.

Shouldn't it be the other way around, i.e. the customer care representative being patient with the customer?

While I don't subscribe to a lot of people's newfound/dormant xenophobia, I do agree that paying for a service, that comes with customer care, should at least enable situations, should they arise, to be handled by a person who has more than a pass at the English language. If you are employed in a customer facing position, then you should be adept at the language, as adequate, in my opinion, doesn't cut it. In addition, heavy and/or thick accents are also a cause for problem, as this can lead to confusion and frustration on both sides of a conversation; this applies to Irish and UK accents also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

i would like the operators to offer deals to their customers here like they do in the uk rather than gouge us for more ££££. :mad:
    the price plan im on at present is 40e more expensive than the UK and i dont buy into this crap economy of scale b*ll*x ,in an interveiw the CEO of tesco Irl was asked why are tesco goods here more expensive than the uk he replied because the Irish public will still buy them.

Advertisement