Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of demands......

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd like phones to not be network locked, I paid for it, I own it, the last thing I want is some crappy network software ruining a perfectly good phone.
    Samsungs on 02 have to be the worst, they put an immovable Internet button just where your guaranteed to hit off it, it's designed in a way to take your money for an accidental click. Vodafone and meteor are just as guitly, have to let 3 off the hook on this one as planet 3 is free so an accidental hit off the Internet button won't cost you a penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

i would like the operators to offer deals to their customers here like they do in the uk rather than gouge us for more ££££. :mad:
    the price plan im on at present is 40e more expensive than the UK and i dont buy into this crap economy of scale b*ll*x ,in an interveiw the CEO of tesco Irl was asked why are tesco goods here more expensive than the uk he replied because the Irish public will still buy them.

So true. I reckon the networks here are actually more profitable in a headcount in comparison to the UK. And the Tesco guy is right otherwise otherwise people would be buying their staple goods in Lidl / Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

So true. I reckon the networks here are actually more profitable in a headcount in comparison to the UK. And the Tesco guy is right otherwise otherwise people would be buying their staple goods in Lidl / Aldi.

Tesco Mobile UK: £40 per month for unlimited calls, data and texts.

http://www.tesco.com/mobilenetwork/twocolumn.aspx?page=107

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

I'd like phones to not be network locked, I paid for it, I own it, the last thing I want is some crappy network software ruining a perfectly good phone.

In fairness you dont the networks subsidise the price of phones. And quite heavely at that. If you want a sim free handset pay the im free price but if you want a phone with for half price in fairness its not too much for a network to ask for you to stay with them.

Tesco Mobile UK: £40 per month for unlimited calls, data and texts.

I demand unlimited to mean unlimited, i.e something without any limits.
    That tesco (o2) offer is not unlimited. Fact!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

in austrailia all network handsets are unlocked even VF:eek: i remember asking someone about it while i lived there cant remember the reasons behind it though:confused:

in austrailia all network handsets are unlocked even VF:eek: i remember asking someone about it while i lived there cant remember the reasons behind it though:confused:

In Italy none are, it's illegal.

I do agree that o2 cc is my favourite as they are irish based and you get emithy. Something ou just dont seem to get when someone is consentrating on speaking a 2nd or 3rd language.

mooneyd wrote: »
    I do agree that o2 cc is my favourite as they are irish based

What's the difference where there based? o2's technical support is slowly moving to india, some already has.
    I've my favourite but it's not where their support is based that makes them my favourite, it's how much i'm saving every month. I don't understand why you would pay a premium just to have someone in Ireland answer a phone when you've a problem.
    The cost of doing business it crazy in Ireland, I suspect all mobile tele support will be overseas in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

What's the difference where there based? o2's technical support is slowly moving to india, some already has.
    I've my favourite but it's not where their support is based that makes them my favourite, it's how much i'm saving every month. I don't understand why you would pay a premium just to have someone in Ireland answer a phone when you've a problem.
    The cost of doing business it crazy in Ireland, I suspect all mobile tele support will be overseas in the future.

early last year i got a call from a company doing research for three, they asked me a couple of questions with a few of them been about their CC in Mubai and how i rated them.
    within a few months of that call they set up a CC in waterford for people upgrading/ thinking of leaving the network.
    i have to say the CC in waterford is quiet good they dont seem to be reading of a script/template, recently i had probs with network coverage i ended up calling the waterford CC and asked them to pass it onto mgmt here about my problems.

• Advertisement

Meteor are in therocess of moving their call centre too so its probably just a matter of time for o2 and vodafone to move

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

early last year i got a call from a company doing research for three, they asked me a couple of questions with a few of them been about their CC in Mubai and how i rated them.
    within a few months of that call they set up a CC in waterford for people upgrading/ thinking of leaving the network.
    i have to say the CC in waterford is quiet good they dont seem to be reading of a script/template, recently i had probs with network coverage i ended up calling the waterford CC and asked them to pass it onto mgmt here about my problems.

Have to agree that its great being passed to Waterford. I've been passed through to them a few times lately and they are really helpful and seem relaxed and I like that, none of the BS you get from other places. A change for the better!

They have Upgrades & retentions in Waterford. And then the broadband team(NBS) is in Dublin

Advertisement