Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any haunted house's etc in Co Wexford

Options
  • 03-05-2010 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, I would really like to know if anyone on boards have any haunted locations in Co wexford. if so let me know:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I've heard it's haunted but wouldn't be too sure myself.

It's in Rosslare directly beside the beach. Next door is a big white B&B called Iona.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Hiya cookie. Welcome to boards.:D

A private house in Kilmore is the most spooked up place Ive come across, but its not for public access or investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

loftus hall

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

bamboozle wrote: »
    loftus hall

That place is spooky to look at, though I was never in it and has restricted access. It has these stone eagles on the roof and a bare look about it.

Though it's all in the mind considering it's history.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 thebadmonkey

definately Loftus Hall....the atmosphere even around it is unsettling, even to friends of mine who had never heard of what happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Yeh Loftus Hall.
    Never been closer to it than driving past but even from there it looks scary.

There is also the big old house/ruin outside Enniscorthy that is supposed to be pretty cool. Again I haven't been but the story about it is that there was a fire and the family ran outside the house but one of the young daughters had created beautiful pieces of embroidery, some of the best in Ireland so she ran back inside the burning building to retrieve them just as the roof fell down killing her while her family watched.
    Castleboro House

castleboro-house-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

pity theres absolutely no word ever that Loftus Hall is anything more than a creepy looking place. Certainly no hint that its haunted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MelW18

about 7 years ago i was "lucky" enough to be able to visit the inside of Loftus hall.. my grandad was origional from featherd-on-sea so a cousin of his is the care taker of loftus hall... very eerie place even on the inside... the last owner of the house left all her shoes and clothes in the house... heard a banging noise upstairs but that could have been nothing.... had a video camera with us and afterwards we checked out the footage that we took outside looking into the windows of the house... very strange image came up... did look lik a woman looking out the window at the front , side and back of the house... then i thought its only there cz we want to see something like that haha... pulled out the video for a friend a few months ago after many years and she got very creeped out by the image... bit blurry and faded tho could jst be our eyes playing tricks! ive told friends the stories ant they're all fascinated but i have no interest in ever setting foot near the place again haha not a nice feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Wasnt Loftus Hall supposed to have been visited by the Devil as well???

ya b4 we went t wexford to loftus hall my grandad tried to scare me by showing me the video explaining the legend of loftus hall and about how the devil went up in flames through the roof in the tapestry room... wen we wentinto the tapestry room on the far wall the wall paper was falling off the wall and what looked like burn marks on the roof... my cousin the care taker said that they appeared after the roof was rebuilt a cuple of years b4 that or something.... pretty creepy place...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

MelW18 wrote: »
    ya b4 we went t wexford to loftus hall my grandad tried to scare me by showing me the video explaining the legend of loftus hall and about how the devil went up in flames through the roof in the tapestry room... wen we wentinto the tapestry room on the far wall the wall paper was falling off the wall and what looked like burn marks on the roof... my cousin the care taker said that they appeared after the roof was rebuilt a cuple of years b4 that or something.... pretty creepy place...
    The current loftus hall isnt even the same building, it was built well after the devil was supposed to have visited, on the site of the earlier hall.

ya im aware of that... there is still somethin very creepy about the place

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

I actually drove up to see Castleboro House today, my g/f live near enough to it.
    It's way down a cul de sac and you'd never even know it was there, we didnt walk down to it but it's a little walk up into the fields to it, looks like a good spot to walk down to.

niallam wrote: »

exactly the same devil apparently (with exactly the same card playing and roof breaking habits) as the one who visited the hellfire club. I find it amazing (and amusing) how people can equate creepy looking with oh noes its haunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭AI

I've documented Castleboro here :-

http://www.abandonedireland.com/castleboro.html

The house is located on private property and the farmer can get grouchy so I would not walk up to it unannounced.

The ghost stories are rubbish by the way; the Carew family who owned the house abandoned it in 1919 and moved to England. The IRA deliberately burnt the house in 1923, nobody was hurt in the fire.

Loftus is also on my website under Wexford. The house has a full security system fitted and ya man who lives at the gatehouse has been known to use his shotgun on trespassers so I would not advise going anywhere near that place

niallam wrote: »

Yes this is true , he seems to visit Ireland alot for a game of cards. We are currently investigating the time's he visited these place's so we can get an insight into his holiday patterns.

plus we suspect he is related to a roofing contractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

maccored wrote: »
    exactly the same devil apparently (with exactly the same card playing and roof breaking habits) as the one who visited the hellfire club. I find it amazing (and amusing) how people can equate creepy looking with oh noes its haunted.

...and indeed the same one who was supposed to have visited Castletown House in Celbridge for a card game there, before disappearing up the chimney and cracking the fireplace as he went.. That old devil loves to party hard!!:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭twilightzone

cookie72 wrote: »
    Hi, I would really like to know if anyone on boards have any haunted locations in Co wexford. if so let me know:)

hey, i'm from wexford and i suggest you check out loftus hall. creepiest house in ireland. go to my page and join my group, its called Things that go bump in the night.

Advertisement