Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€20,000 budget - What would you buy?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

Like many cars - I'm looking at you, Mondeo - I like the front of them but not the back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Appleguy wrote: »
    I'd be buying this and keeping €9000 in my pocket.

Oh sweet Jesus....

Bit of a bump, but I know a lad offering me a 2008 Mercedes C-180 2.0L Petrol, AvantGarde spec. Nice looking car. He's selling it cheap as he's emigrating with work - he wants €25,000 as an absolute minimum for it.

It's a good bit above my budget, but is it too much of a bargain to turn down? I mean for that money I could definitely get the other car I'm thinking of, a BMW 3-series coupe, around 2008 - but I don't think I'd get the car I really want, an Audi A5.

Whaddya think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Bit of a bump, but I know a lad offering me a 2008 Mercedes C-180 2.0L Petrol, AvantGarde spec. Nice looking car. He's selling it cheap as he's emigrating with work - he wants €25,000 as an absolute minimum for it.

It's a good bit above my budget, but is it too much of a bargain to turn down? I mean for that money I could definitely get the other car I'm thinking of, a BMW 3-series coupe, around 2008 - but I don't think I'd get the car I really want, an Audi A5.

Whaddya think?
    I like the C-Class, but not that engine, so therefore no. If it were a better petrol or any of the diesel's I'd say go for it, but you'd get a nice 3-series coupe for that. Not sure what you see in the A5 to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Whaddya think?

I'd run like the wind. Unless you plan on keeping it forever, you'll take a huge hit trying to sell any petrol car on in a few years. You also didn't mention if it was a manual or an auto. If it's manual it's even worse!

Recently got my Father in Law a 320i SE Business Edition for €21,500 which is the true trade value of the car, retail would be around €24,000. It only had 16,000km on, was mint condition and only costs €302 a year to tax - but because it's a petrol there is little or no demand for it. As he's retired and now doing around 5,000km per annum, there is no reason this won't last him until he stops driving, and that's the only reason I put him in to a petrol.

It's an auto! I'd be planning on keeping it for 4-5 years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Audi A5 seems to be cheaper here than uk. Im selling mine. Never liked how it drove so 2 years is long enough with it. Having said that, looks wise, its hard to find something as nice being the same age/price.

• Advertisement

Looking through reviews, it seems to be pretty well reviewed. Sort of a 3-Series for those who don't want a BMW kind of thing. It'd be either this or a nice silver diesel 3-series which I'd hopefully get for around €20,000...

Advertisement