Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springer Spaniel goes in to spasm in water

Options
  • 03-05-2010 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi guys dont normaly post here put ive a 1yr old springer spaniel ive noticed something wrong with him sense a young age if he falls over all four of his legs strech out n he goes in to like a spasm had him out for a walk today and eventually after months of trying got him to follow my older springer in to the water the second he hit the deep part of the water his hole body locked up sollid and he rolled over i ended up jumping in and pulling him out so now i dont no what happens from here any of you guys came across this bofore :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

http://pet-diseases.suite101.com/article.cfm/canine_epilepsy

Sounds like this, it comes up in a search for Springer Spaniel Seizures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Sounds like epilepsy or some other neurological disorder. A trip to the vet is definately warranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mightymouse311

The epilepsy thing has parts of his problem in there all right but he never really has a seizure out of the blue its all ways if he trys to run up a bank and dosent make it and falls back down it when he hits the ground then hell lock up r as i said when he hit the deep water it happened but never if hes just around the yard r out walking on a lead

That site lists stress as a trigger, also it says a lot of the causes are unknown.
    A vet is your best bet to talk to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 mightymouse311

ya just told she who must be obeyed wat happened and where going to the vet tommrow
    ill keep you posted

Advertisement