Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Bull Ad

• 03-05-2010 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the red bull ad with the kayak on the waterfall?

Seriously cool stuff!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭eoinor

Yeah, its very cool!! Its Steve Fisher. I think its from Portugal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

The positions of the cameras are brilliant . . .wonder how many takes it took to get it?!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭fergalom

hey
    good ad alright.
    For anyone interested, the drop is in Chile near Pucon and only recently formed when there was a landslide and the previous 2 drops (30ft and 50ft) combined into one.
    River is the middle palguin.
    F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

fergalom wrote: »
    hey
    good ad alright.
    For anyone interested, the drop is in Chile near Pucon and only recently formed when there was a landslide and the previous 2 drops (30ft and 50ft) combined into one.
    River is the middle palguin.
    F
    I was thinking it had to of being Chile, after reading this post off Rush Sturges blog yesterday, about Steve Fisher running an 82 footer on the Palguin river.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Question is though lads..... Would ya ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Hard to know until you actually are standing there with your gear, but I'm going to hazard a yes :) Seems clean enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

MugMugs wrote: »
    Question is though lads..... Would ya ? :D

No i think . . .:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

No i think . . .:pac:

Yeah, I'm with you on that one.

MugMugs wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm with you on that one.

Ditto, I don't fancy staring in a youtube video titled - "How to NOT run a 82 foot waterfall in a kayak" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

Ditto, I don't fancy staring in a youtube video titled - "How to NOT run a 82 foot waterfall in a kayak" :pac:

http://theadrenalinerush.blogspot.com/2009/12/breaking-my-back-on-bonito-falls.html

The footage is in dream result!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Hard to know until you actually are standing there with your gear, but I'm going to hazard a yes :) Seems clean enough.

P.s.: may need grain of salt, that drop is freakin high!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭christramp

Id love to run those drops but being a family man there would be a fair bit of hesitation, but like everything it would depend on skill and experience. I have his suit and BA and the boat is coming next week - Will I be the next Steve Fisher - Doubt it but Ill look damn cool.
    The stohlquist descent BA is second to none Ive been using it for 4 months now and it hardly feels like you are wearing it. My magnum is coming next week and when ever some water comes along ill see what it can do.
    Steve fisher is a mad yoke and learnt to paddle on rivers we aspire to - but hey what are dreams for !!!
    Chris
    www.kayakhut.om

christramp wrote: »
    Steve fisher is a mad yoke
    That he certainly is, it seems there's no limit to what he'll attempt in a kayak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL-DxIzfzIk

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dubes

Racing is better

Advertisement