Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solar Water Heating

• 03-05-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

The parents were at the Ideal Homes exhibition this year and have taken an interest in getting solar water heating installed. They were engaged by a provider at the show but I suggested that they check a few things before shelling out for them. So I was wondering if anyone can point me to some good resources/websites on Solar Water Heating for Ireland and anywhere that has reviews of the installers and end users experiences.

Regards,

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 fergus.wheatley

PDD wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

The parents were at the Ideal Homes exhibition this year and have taken an interest in getting solar water heating installed. They were engaged by a provider at the show but I suggested that they check a few things before shelling out for them. So I was wondering if anyone can point me to some good resources/websites on Solar Water Heating for Ireland and anywhere that has reviews of the installers and end users experiences.

Regards,

Dave

Independent reviews of installers are difficult to come by, so instead look at some roofs in your locality, and check the following. Is the outside pipework neat AND well insulated? Do the panels look good and well installed? If yes, knock on the door and ask the homeowner their experience of the installers, look at the hotpress for neatness of wiring and that insulation gaps have been tapped up. If the small things have been looked after, chances are the bigger things have been done properely as well.

Advertisement