Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

child ear piercing?

Options
  • 03-05-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering if there is anywhere in the city that does children young as 6 months.
    Thanks

Comments

imascanger.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    imascanger.ie

No need to be such a smartass! The op asked a simple question and don't need stupid replies like that.

A friend of mine works in Claire accessories and i think they do piercings for younger kids. There's one on patrick street close to Burger King.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Yep Claires do it. But you will be paying about 40e for it. Id say try a few jewellers first, to see will they do it, because it would be a lot cheaper.
    Although in Claires they do both ears at once, so it lessens the shock, pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    imascanger.ie

very mature!
    nice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I am willing to bet no piercng studio will do it. Places like Claires accessories might, but they aren't piercing studios, they use guns AFAIK?

It's a terrible idea whatever way you look at it. Babies are too open to infection that this is literally the most irresponsible voluntary thing thing you could do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

OP that is such a bad idea, I can bet no piercing studios will do it and piercing guns cannot be properly sterilised so that is highly irresponsible to subject someone to that who cannot choose for themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Please dont do it. Wait until the child is old enough to decide for his/herself and for the love of god DO NOT go to Claire's Accesories

Have a read of this and ask why the hell would you want to put your child through it
    http://tattoo.about.com/cs/psafety/a/piercing_guns.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

At the very least, if you are going to get it done get it done properly... Best to not get it done at all as it looks shít and cheap.

Why are you getting it done to your kid exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

seanin4711 wrote: »
    very mature!
    nice

Count the # of thanks under Rojomcdojo's post - my own included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Tamith

Melion wrote: »
    Please dont do it. Wait until the child is old enough to decide for his/herself and for the love of god DO NOT go to Claire's Accesories

Have a read of this and ask why the hell would you want to put your child through it
    http://tattoo.about.com/cs/psafety/a/piercing_guns.htm

I agree about Claire's - they have that chain here in the US and even on older people (such as my old roommate who was 18/19 at the time), it's really dangerous. My brother got the same done - and both he and my roommate ended up with infected ears. Just not worth it to even try with a piercing gun - it's far too risky for your baby, and regardless of what's said there's always the one or two employees that doesn't clean them as thoroughly as they should :/ That, and the ear trauma it causes is scary.

My mother did my first two ear piercings herself while I was a baby and found good results with a sterilized needle (she's a nurse so she has access) - said she did it while I was sleeping and I didn't feel a thing, apparently. Considering the feeling in that area, and how sharp and thin the needle was, from the sounds of it, I can understand why I'd not wake up. So if you have a good friend able to be trusted in the medical field, maybe that's a possible route (seriously).

I'm definitely one fancying the needle route anyway. I got my ears pierced again a few years ago (top cartilage - 3 piercing one after the other) the same way... granted, though a bit brutal (gosh, was that painful >,<) since it was done at home, I never got the infection any of those I know got. And theirs didn't come from not cleaning properly either - it happened almost right after the piercing was done. But hopefully that helps.

To the OP, I hope you're able to find something adequate and safe enough to use!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭seanin4711

My Missus is not from Ireland so its her thing!
    I will let you guys duke it out with her!
    slan
    john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Tamith

seanin4711 wrote: »
    My Missus is not from Ireland so its her thing!
    I will let you guys duke it out with her!
    slan
    john

aww. I'd just look at it a bit oddly if she were doing it to a son. That's...a bit odd, of course :P But having had it done to me, I can't speak badly about it for little girls. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭boxercreations

If you really have to do it - (and please don't!) just don't have her pierced with a gun - it is open to a lot of infection and causes a lot of trauma to the skin, although I doubt any real piercer would pierce a child of that age.
    Over the years I had quite a few different piercings and only had probs with gun piercings.

Advertisement