Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISS space station

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

spatchco wrote: »
    was out for the second pass at 21.17 last night ,on time but approx 5 minutes before the iss passed there was what i though was another satalite pass on the same track west to east now it was traveling at the same speed and as bright,and yes i did see the metor , so is there other sats up traveling on the same path,,, i am in glasnevin

Yeah, that was a Progress spacecraft. It is a Russian cargo craft used to ferry cargo and supplies to the ISS. When emptied they are then filled with rubbish and unwanted material from the ISS and undocked for burn up in the atmosphere. They one you saw undocked a few days ago and is in a similar but lower orbit at the moment and will burn up in the next few days.
    issprogresscargospacecr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

beeker thank you very much for the quick reply,though i might have got a lot of abuse to suggest anothe sat in close prox to the iss,,,excellent

Advertisement