Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

As long as I can remember........

Options
  • 03-05-2010 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

(And this goes back to the mid-80's - I'm 35 on Thursday)

Spurs have been reguarded as bottle job facy dans by the media, other teams supporters, and deep down we've known it ourselves.

During this time, we've had more managers than hot dinners
    We've always been capable of fcuking it up when it seemed easier not to.
    We've also had some great players in this time but never a proper winning team.

For me Wednesday represents a day when past reputations and the future outlook for this great club can be altered for ever.

Fail and we'll go back to being the bottlers, Win and the sky is truely the limit.
    Massive massive massive week for Spurs.
    I pray we can do it (and I will have a little prayer or 2 this week)

COYS :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

(And this goes back to the mid-80's - I'm 35 on Thursday)

Spurs have been reguarded as bottle job facy dans by the media, other teams supporters, and deep down we've known it ourselves.

During this time, we've had more managers than hot dinners
    We've always been capable of fcuking it up when it seemed easier not to.
    We've also had some great players in this time but never a proper winning team.

For me Wednesday represents a day when past reputations and the future outlook for this great club can be altered for ever.

Fail and we'll go back to being the bottlers, Win and the sky is truely the limit.
    Massive massive massive week for Spurs.
    I pray we can do it (and I will have a little prayer or 2 this week)

COYS :)
    My house is hosting a fúcking Novena this week tension is already killing me I'm hoping the slim chance of overtaking arsenal will urge us on and give us an edge

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭larry1

Very similar scenario here, I was the only one that supported them in my school and apart from the FA cup wins there was little to boast about. Possibly the most frustrating team to follow ever but as you say, this could put all the demons to bed forever. Ok, back to the rosary beads.... ;)

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I've loved supporting Spurs for all of my 42 years in existence ... there is no other team that comes close.

This time its upto us, if we really want to play Champions league football next season then we have it in our hands, Lets hope we can make this leap forward and give us all something to look forward to when the season comes to an end

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

I've being following Spurs since the Spurs Chelsea cup final in 1967 and this is the biggest week in all that time. I'm heading to my local and have rounded a possee of fellow Spurs supporters for the occasion. Its going to be a long night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

I've being following Spurs since the Spurs Chelsea cup final in 1967 and this is the biggest week in all that time. I'm heading to my local and have rounded a possee of fellow Spurs supporters for the occasion. Its going to be a long night.

biggest week since we were last here in 2006 ;)

I knoiw that only a handful of players remain since then but I think that the experience of that time will stand to us tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »

I knoiw that only a handful of players remain since then but I think that the experience of that time will stand to us tomorrow night.

Lets hope they have a nice light dinner tomorrow afternoon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Been to a few games this year when as you say we've bottled it, Liverpool sticks in my mind. But the thing that has me quite confident of getting a result on Wednesday night is that we have a pretty decent record at city and we are playing some pretty good stuff at the moment. I hope harry sticks with the side that beat Arse, Chelski and Bolton. Sgt Wilson can come on in the second half to add the steel..

With the grace of god this is going to be a momentous night in our history!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

4 years in the making! I wonder which group of players is going to be more nervous? Man City are going to have plenty of good times over the next few years, especially if they continue to spend money whereas this may be our last chance for a while. Win the game and we have 4th spot, draw and we are still in the driving seat. Lose and it's not up to us any more. We must believe we can win, and this has to start with the manager and his team selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Am more worried about the Burnley game than the City one tbh, supporting Spurs for the last 25 years has thought me that this is the game we should worry about.

I can't face watching this weekend if a win gurantees us 4th... I knew before a Lasagne was ate in 2006 we would lose at Upton Park...

Having said all that I honestly think if we go for it all out on Wednesday we will get the luck that deserted Villa on Saturday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

lets hope lennon starts on the right. bentley was poor again on sat. lennon should be ready now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 DJ Defoe

mickman wrote: »
    lets hope lennon starts on the right. bentley was poor again on sat. lennon should be ready now

Agreed. Plenty of room for both Bale and Lennon to bomb it down the wings. I just hope Harry doesn't put Bale at LB and use BAE as cover on the right! He was shocking over there! But the main man for this match will be Modric. He HAS to have a good game. He's our engine atm and without him, we revert to route one over the top crap which never works!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Hope my worst nightmare doesn't come through tomorrow night and harry sets em out to sit back and play for a draw. If he does that we lose. We need to have a right go off em tomorrow night straight from the off coz its taken us 4 years to get to this position again , if we fail god knows how long it will take to get it again and i'd rather go down having a go than not..... nerves are shot to pieces waiting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm up in a heap thinking about the game,we just cannot get beaten cos if it goes out of our hands I'd say it's end of story. I see a few lads on here are turning to religion to help us out on the night,I might say a few prayers myself;)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

City really need to win which will play right into our hands. Lennon on the right and bale on the left we will stretch them and keep their fullbacks in their own half. I think Pav is due a few goals too. The only concern I really have would be Kaboul (if he plays) against Bellamys pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Oh when the Spurs go marching in, oh when the Spurs go marching in, I want to be in that number......... Lets believe COYS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Oh when the Spurs go marching in, oh when the Spurs go marching in, I want to be in that number......... Lets believe COYS :)

You still singing from sat?:)

my nerves are shot already. Have to believe we can do it. COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Cant Wait

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Have been singing to myself all day Mark :D

My nerves are shot to pieces now lads, never been this nervous before a game even back 2006 COYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

As Long As I Can Remeber......

I have never felt more confident about us winning a game as I do about tonight. All the pressure is on them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As long as i can remember....i've never been as proud as i am tonight :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Kiith wrote: »
    As long as i can remember....i've never been as proud as i am tonight :P

X2

Advertisement