Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chillun - C&C welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

This whole embedded image thing is beyond me. Sorry lads, I cant figure it out! So if anybody can help with that it'd be great.

Thanks,

FoxT

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

give em a boot in the arse for some proper shots imo. if not, maybe work on the background, the yelow/white split is a bit distracting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

.. is a very tempting prospect, I'd love to call 'Sit down there you little Bashturt till I take your photo' but if I attempted that I would face even more resistance + wrath of The Mammy!!!

Good comment about the background though - I agree with you. Recently got a 50 f/1.4 so shall proceed stealthily to take wide open shots in background-neutral kind of places....

To elaborate a little - I read somewhere recently that portraits ought to have something extra present, or, something missing. I have 00's of shots of these 2 boys, but I felt these were the most interesting - young fella loves lego, and I got him to pose for about 5 mins... caught the older guy using his mobile to talk to a friend, a candid shot, when I looked at it afterwards I thought his face very adult,his hand very childlike.... maybe thats just my daddy hormones though, hence request for C&C!

-FoxT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

I like the picture of the younger lad. Nicely framed :)

I think the older fellow is cropped too tight (the photo, not the haircut) and
    the lighting is a bit dodgy. Overexposed on the left side.

Good luck with photographing the teenagers. I know what it is like, we have
    two of them here. "G'way ya weirdo!" "leemee lone, ya spa!"......

A good BUTA or try bribing them. Phone credit is always a good incentive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

My advice, from experience, lads are often harder to agree to have their picture taken for display. Now usually when there is a stranger taking the picture they dont want to embarass themselves and want to get it over and done with as this is not the case you will need to tacke it differently.

An example, I have a 13yr old brother, for the life of me he would not allow me to take confirmation pictures of him at home, I got moods and temper tantrums, it was not happening, so I gave up. I asked my mam to bring him into me in work. Whilst there he opened up completely, did what I asked and we got some great results. Whats the difference? There were strangers around, he didnt want to embarrass himself and he was told, look if we can get this over with nice and quickly you can go home and relax. Tell the kids you want to get some pics, take them to the beach or the park and get some nice outdoor pictures where they are not as likely to throw a tantrum on you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement