Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know your getting old when...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

--LOS-- wrote: »
    when you try to change the channel with the phone.

see you all at iron maiden ;)

Or when the phone rings,you pick it up,think you have pressed the answer button and say "hello?" only for it to ring in your ear again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

When you try to send an email to your relations in the States but you end up burning the house down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

when you refer to texts as emails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

whiteman19 wrote: »
    i'm only 18 and i make lists :o:o. god, at least i know that i'm going to be responsible when i'm older (hopefully) :P

we used to make tapes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

..you know your getting old when... skin tight jeans and leggings are back into fashion for the third time in your life!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 livinginlucan

flanum wrote: »
    ..you know your getting old when... skin tight jeans and leggings are back into fashion for the third time in your life!!!!

Holy CRAP ! NOW I know I'm old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Everything is way too loud, and the nighttime is terrifying

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You threaten kids with the wooden spoon :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

you need to get up at 02.23 for a leak

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

You know your getting old when the fifty year woman old next door looks hot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭MardiB

IvySlayer wrote: »

the sound of any cutlery drawer being hurriedly opened still makes me shudder:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Kids you used to babysit are now babysitting :eek:

Some movie you think of as fairly recent, and which you've been meaning to watch since it came out turns out to be four or five years old

You look at pictures of people drinking or smoking who are of an age when you used to do the same, and think "jesus they look very young to be doing that"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

When you see a load of young ones heading out for the night, in low-cut tops & gee-high mini-skirts & think, "not a cardigan between them - they'll be cold later".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

EI111 wrote: »
    'you know you're X when...' lists seem juvenile

You are ze partae poopa... :P
    Biggins wrote: »
    This thread is really scaring me now!

You seem to be a lot younger than you are letting on here...
    Biggins wrote: »
    LOL
    Thats another one!
    When people start giving you comforting phrase's or words!
    Yikes!!! :eek:

oops?

You know you're old when you are subbed to this.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

When you start tutting at teenagers loitering, in fact, when you consider anyone standing around as loiterers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I was reading a piece in the paper about the world cup in South Africa this summer and then realised I could remember Italia '90 which was 20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

When you get weird looks off parents for hanging outside schools in a trench coat and sunglasses sporting a beard and a hand in the pocket!

Free Country my arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

When you're driving and it hits the top of the hour you switch off your CD to listen to the news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

When you start painting the walls magnolia.
    I've swore to myself never to do this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

You visit someone in hospital and eye up their bed and facilities jealously!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The sight of a white person with dreadlocks or, worse still, riding a unicycle, fills you with an inchoate but definable sense of annoyance and the urge to mutter "cunt" to yourself.

Although you still love music, the thought of reading another interview with another lippy manc in his 20s with a moptop renders you narcoleptic

You can identify clothing trends the second time around

You nostalgically buy retro trainers because you owned a pair when you were 15.

You tell the teenage shop assistant that you are nostalgically buying retro trainers because you owned a pair when you were 15.

The teenage shop assistant looks at you like you are a care in the community case when you tell them that you are nostalgically buying retro trainers because you owned a pair when you were 15.

You prefer MILFs to girls in their 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I was 29 on Friday. I asked for and got lots of socks......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

You come out of a shopping centre and cannot for the life of you remember where you parked. :(
    stovelid wrote: »
    You prefer MILFs to girls in their 20s.
    No no no Stove - it's the teen boys who prefer the milfs, the auld fellas who prefer the girls in their 20s, so take comfort in that... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

When you start giving out to the local kids for kicking the football over the wall....AGAIN and then say " play on the green !!! you's can have the ball back in the morning" :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

When your about to sit your LC :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

When you crouch down to tie your laces and someone says to you that your "getting abit thin on top"
    Startled, you take a pic of the top of your head with your phone when no-ones looking and................:eek: You realize your head looks like Zinedine Zidane's, circa 1998! :(

When you would rather afew quiet pints while ranting about the state of the country, than go out to a club and get smashed.

When theres afew moth eaten old football shirts in the back of your wardrobe that are now selling on classicfootballshirt.com for 50 quid +

When your music collection is full of albums that were released during or before the LAST recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

IvySlayer wrote: »

When they then threaten you with legal action for smacking. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

When the Prime Minister is the same age as you, give or take five years. This could happen in the UK if David Cameron or Nick Clegg get elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

When many of the toys you played with as a child turn up in the Bethnal Green Museum of Childhood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

flanum wrote: »
    we used to make tapes!!!
    when you remember what casettes were, recorded songs off the radio, and recorded TV on video tapes. none of this Sky+ pr youtube malarkey.

if you want to be really old, you'll remember betamax. i don't so i feel young again :D

Advertisement