Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know your getting old when...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

bonerm wrote: »
    .... the local pervs won't even give you a second look anymore :(

Yeah!! What happened to all the older slime balls who use to perv on me when I was a hot 15 year old.
    None of that craic anymore, I must be old.

You know you are getting old when you realise your current friends in college weren't even teenagers when you first went to college all those years ago. :(

You know you are getting old when you start saying and doing the annoying (yet sensible and economically friendly) things your Mother always does.

You know you are getting old when an 18yr old says "Ewwwwww" when they learn of your age. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Kanye

When your mates text you to ask if you want to watch the UK election results on Thursday night over a few beers.

When your reply to the above is "I'd love to come! ... I won't be drinking, though (weeknight)."

When you become visibly annoyed by things that you used to think were great fun.

I'm feeling particularly old today. I'm only 25. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

remember playing the atari and commador 64

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

gino85 wrote: »
    remember playing the atari

i still do :o Atari 2600....ahh moonpatrol :cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

When you're getting a hair cut and they spend more time on the hair on your neck than on the hair on your head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

gaz wac wrote: »
    i still do :o Atari 2600....ahh moonpatrol :cool:
    not forgetting rampage and defender :)

and the amiga as well. worms 2 director's cut...epic :D
    and dogfight as well...oh the memories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

You know you're not getting old when you read 7 pages of a thread about getting old and every post seems a bit weird, and doesn't make any sense . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

when having sex in a Peugeot 206 becomes uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

When you would rather stay in on Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Lux23 wrote: »
    when having sex in a Peugeot 206 becomes uncomfortable.

I see a running theme in your posts today...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

When a 160MPH motorcycle can be insured as a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Bolag_the_2nd

when the kingfisher tattoo i got on my boob years ago, turned into a stork :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

When you no longer get annoyed when people say how young you look!....in fact your quite happy to be 23 and still look 18!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭bently

gino85 wrote: »
    remember playing the atari and commador 64

I remember the "Sinclair" ZX Spectrum,with a rubber keyboard...........,and having to load games with a tape cassette...........Ahhhhh the Good Old Days........you young people dont know how lucky you are..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

You know you're not getting old when you read 7 pages of a thread about getting old and every post seems a bit weird, and doesn't make any sense . . .

That just means that you're old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

You know you're old when:

i) Your sh1t comes out like ravioli.
    ii) You wake up with your face encrusted with dried saliva.
    iii) Dark red stains and an acrid odour are the order of the day whence you wipe your ass.
    iv) Your snot has loads of tiny grey hairs mixed up in it when you sneeze into a tissue.
    v)Your genitalia morph into a head of wrinkles like something out of John Carpenter's The Thing.
    vi) After you puke all this weird green sh1t comes out when you spit for the next week.
    vii) Dead skin mixes with sweat to produce a layer of unctuous goo which cakes your perineum and its surrounds all the time except for an hour after showering.
    viii) When you cum all spiders and flies come out.

Largely guesswork, I am not of such advanced years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

You know you're old when:

i) Your sh1t comes out like ravioli.
    ii) You wake up with your face encrusted with dried saliva.
    iii) Dark red stains and an acrid odour are the order of the day whence you wipe your ass.
    iv) Your snot has loads of tiny grey hairs mixed up in it when you sneeze into a tissue.
    v)Your genitalia morph into a head of wrinkles like something out of John Carpenter's The Thing.
    vi) After you puke all this weird green sh1t comes out when you spit for the next week.
    vii) Dead skin mixes with sweat to produce a layer of unctuous goo which cakes your perineum and its surrounds all the time except for an hour after showering.
    viii) When you cum all spiders and flies come out.

Largely guesswork, I am not of such advanced years.

In a wholly disturbing post, ive emboldened what I believe is the worst bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

When you get really excited about what you're going to cook when you go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

When you hear a 12 year old say to another 12 year old on the Luas : "Do you remember what this place used to be like back in the day?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Agricola wrote: »
    In a wholly disturbing post, ive emboldened what I believe is the worst bit!

Ditto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

When you smell of Sugar Puffs and piss and wear your slippers to the shops.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

When you're niece/nephew show's you their new sticker book, for the world cup. You tell them about the one for Italia 90 in the big binder, and they ask, did you really have stickers back then? Pffft.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

When you introduce your doctor to your prostate :eek:

I'm doing alot of nodding reading this thread.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

When you'd rather stay in reading a good book or watching a documentary on Saturday night, than go out partying.

When you'd rather stash your spare cash in a savings account than blow it on another holiday.

When you'd rather accompany your elderly relatives to have a wander around a stately home, than hang out getting stoned with your mates.

When you refuse a free upgrade to the latest mobile phone with all mod cons, because you can't be bothered to work out how to use the new technology.

When you are babysitting a 10 year old, and when they tell you what year they were born, that year seems like yesterday to you.

When you hear that horrible new cover version of Journey's Don't Stop Believing, and lament how much better the original was, and remember rocking along to it in the good old days.

You remember the stickers people used to have on their cars in the 80's saying "Children should be seen and not heard" and wish that such thought still prevailed today.

You remember when a kitkat cost 8p, and are horrified that bars of chocolate now go for around 60p. That was nearly a whole week's pocket money to me in the 80's!

You have to get the young schoolboy from down the road to come and help you when you do not know how to get your computer to perform a basic function.

You hear a working-class teenager claim that they are "from the ghetto" and, in outrage, ask them if they even know what a ghetto was.

You are outraged by the poor spelling in this thread title.

When you consider switching to a different bank to get a better rate of interest on your savings.

When the new music on MTV sounds like nothing but annoying noise, and you haven't bought a CD released within the past 10 years.

When some of your music collection is on vinyl records and cassette tapes, and you own the equiptment to play them on.

You start to really enjoy classical music.

^
    All things I do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

stovelid wrote: »

You prefer MILFs to girls in their 20s.

i do anyway and im only 19 hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Btwndeyes wrote: »
    i do anyway and im only 19 hahaha

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

FearDark wrote: »
    I'm 27.

Just found out that my nostril hairs are really really really long all of a sudden, I can literally grab em with two fingers from outside my nostrils... eeeeeuch!!

Played 2 matches last week, needed two days to recover after the second match, I never needed recovery time before, stairs were a nightmare for two days.

I'm not nearly half as bothered about "getting the ride" on a night out anymore, sometimes all I want after a feed of Guinness is a bag of chips and me bed.

How about ye? I feel battered and bruised and worn out!

when you own a trimmer that can clip said hairs

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

When it takes two days to recover from a hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

When you wake up at the same time every morning, without fail, no matter what happened the night before....

Fall into bed in the horrors at 4am, 7am wide awake and no hope of going back to sleep :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    When it takes two days to recover from a hangover.

Try 3 :(:(:(

Advertisement