Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to return & live in Perth

Options
  • 04-05-2010 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Folks
    I would like to return to Perth to live & work. I did a 1 yr whv in '03-'04 & have relatives there. I'm 35 yr old male & currently working as a food Sales Representative with previous experience in retail management(electrical, Computers, Audio Visual).
    Just got the word last week that our jobs are finished in 4 weeks, so like a lot of people i'll be joining the dole queue!!
    I don't think my skills are needed on the occupation list, so just wondering what are my options?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

To be honest I think you would have a tough time trying to get a visa if your skills are not on the list. Your best option may to get one of your relatives to sponsor you but again that may be a longshot and it make take well over a year to get a visa. Have a look at www.britishexpats.com for more info. you can ask questions on that and people who know alot of stuff about visas will answer your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

It's true that relatives can sponsor but that really only reduces the required points from 120 to 100. OP would still require an occupation on the now slimmed down SOL and a skills assessment.

Advertisement