Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Congrats Neil Robertson

• 04-05-2010 1:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

A big congrats to Neil Robertson on winning the title tonight, it wasn't pretty by any means but when he needed it he produced the goods in the last two frames.
    I think he'll be a great champion and his win will obviously help promote the game worldwide, he's up to number two in the world now and no doubt will be eyeing up the number one spot.
    His attacking style of play coupled with a smart safety game are a breath of fresh air to the game.
    It also shows to all the young players never to give up and keep trying just like Robertson had done.

Hopefully the Higgins scandal won't overshadow his moment of glory nonetheless WSA chairman Barry Hearn has stated he will move quickly for closure on the matter.

I've been here in Sheffield since Friday and I'm shattered, a few late nights, card games and plenty of laughs with some old pals, even though the final finished late we're still off to the hotel for the champions dinner, 9.50am flight in the morn, hmm i don't fancy that!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

zack01 wrote: »
    Hopefully the Higgins scandal won't overshadow his moment of glory nonetheless WSA chairman Barry Hearn has stated he will move quickly for closure on the matter.

Whats your gut instinct on how the Higgins thing will play out - is the general mood amongst the players/media one of 'pitchforks and torches' or 'just a rag, nothing proven, pinch of salt'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Did you make sure your flight wasn't cancelled?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Pitchforks and torches no doubt, everyone involved in the game trying to reinvent it and this comes along, and it's the main man!
    Really can't see a way out of it for him, general feeling is he should have said something when he came back from Kiev, the tournament was still on in Sheffield, all the top brass were here, it's only now that the story leaked that he admits to the meeting.

Still all the talk here tonight is about Robertson,he's in doing his press now, you would think they would let him have a bevy first!!

Big meeting on wed with the WSA and pros to vote in Hearns new plans, as serious as that is I think the Higgins affair will take up most of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Robertson should be able to win at least one more World title!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭LukeQuietus

I hate Neil Knobertson!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I hate Neil Knobertson!!!

An obvious troll is obvious.

Advertisement