Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forwarding read UCD Connect Mail to Gmail

Options
  • 04-05-2010 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

I know how to set it up so that it automatically forwards new messages onto Gmail, but does anyone know a quick way of forwarding all read mail to my Gmail account?

I've tried to import it using Gmail, but it doesn't seem to like whatever programme Connect uses. Tried this with Hotmail and it worked fine..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OTNiner

If you configure gmail to POP your ucd account it should download a copy of anything in that account.

You might have to tell gmail to leave a copy on the ucd server as the default for pop clients is typically to delete if from the account once it is downloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Yes I've tried that but it doesn't seem to accept my password (both the typical birthday one that UCD administers and the one I've changed this from).

I've set the ucdconnect account to automatically forward and delete everything to the gmail account, could this be the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OTNiner

User name and password should be the ones you use for ucdconnect login

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Penisland

Hi,
    I am having the same problem with POP3, in that it won't accept my username or password!

Did you find a solution?

FYI, for anyone who finished in UCD last year, we are losing our email accounts on March 31st

Thanks

Advertisement