Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 114 Discussion

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I just hope they follow though with those words than it being boring fight regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

I think rashad is going to do the business on rampage and I hope so too. Thought he came across as an ass in TUF + he hasnt fought in a year, my moneys on evans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

i'm expecting fat diego to be pretty good here.
    He was school at 155 by BJ,

after watching TUF 1 recently, fat diego > lw diego

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I think calling Diego at 170 fat is a bit off the pace. Remember, Diego was very successful at a B level (outside UFC) at Middle weight before he went on TUF which he won at MW iirc.

Diego at 155 was just too cut, and, at the end of the day fighting a guy considerably better in all ranges. His cardio advantage he relies on at 170 wasnt really there at 155.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Conference call is SO Funny,The part where Rampage kept calling him gay and talked about him playing with his nipple rings and wearing tight gay shorts:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

for some reason i thought this was on tonight. stupid me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I didn't listen to the conference call but I read a transcript. I find both of these guys quite immature, Rampage more so. I think Rashad made a very good point about Rampage playing up to the cameras and playing up the 'i dun get no edumacation' persona. I find Rampage hilarious in small doses but when he's trying to be funny all the time he just looks like an attention seeking bully. Bores me. Gave up watching TUF.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Pity cos TUF 11 has been pretty awesome compared to TUF 10. The fights are much snappier by and large and more exciting. Chuck and Tito are genuinely ugly with each other in a way that runs a lot deeper I think!

I want to see Rampage knock out Evans and this is the first UFC i might even buy and have a few mates around (I almost never but PPV anything, I paid for my TV service once already).

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I didn't listen to the conference call but I read a transcript. I find both of these guys quite immature, Rampage more so. I think Rashad made a very good point about Rampage playing up to the cameras and playing up the 'i dun get no edumacation' persona. I find Rampage hilarious in small doses but when he's trying to be funny all the time he just looks like an attention seeking bully. Bores me. Gave up watching TUF.

I agree with the playin up with the camera's thing, i've had the misfortune to meet Dampage 3 times, each time he was a complete cock because there was no camera's about, and not just to me either, unless he knew you real well he just didn't wanna know, refused to sign auto's and refused most pics.

I never used to like Rashad but he came across ok on TUF, now i hope he knocks Dampage the fcuk out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

DeVore wrote: »
    Pity cos TUF 11 has been pretty awesome compared to TUF 10. The fights are much snappier by and large and more exciting. Chuck and Tito are genuinely ugly with each other in a way that runs a lot deeper I think!

I want to see Rampage knock out Evans and this is the first UFC i might even buy and have a few mates around (I almost never but PPV anything, I paid for my TV service once already).

DeV.

Arent you based in Ireland? ESPN is your only man for that badboy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think calling Diego at 170 fat is a bit off the pace. Remember, Diego was very successful at a B level (outside UFC) at Middle weight before he went on TUF which he won at MW iirc.

Diego at 155 was just too cut, and, at the end of the day fighting a guy considerably better in all ranges. His cardio advantage he relies on at 170 wasnt really there at 155.
    FFS "Fat Diego" is a nickname, I wasn't calling him fat. His bf% is still prob ridic low.
    Came from 185 on TUF, and the double division cut afterwards.
    DeVore wrote: »
    Chuck and Tito are genuinely ugly with each other in a way that runs a lot deeper I think!
    I've been re-watching TUF 3 this last week or so.
    Tito and Ken, now thats hatred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Why Should I

Mellor wrote: »
    FFS "Fat Diego" is a nickname, I wasn't calling him fat. His bf% is still prob ridic low.
    Came from 185 on TUF, and the double division cut afterwards.

I've been re-watching TUF 3 this last week or so.
    Tito and Ken, now thats hatred.

Tito and anyone is real hatred, I think everyone hates the bloke.

As for 114. I got to say, Myself, I didnt think much of Rashad before i watched TUF, Now i kinda think he is a sound bloke.

As for playing up to the cameras. I think you find most of them do, its kinda a part of the "hype" But some do it more then others.

Lets just put it this way, Its going to be a good fight. Both of them look in the best shape they have ever been.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Why does everyone hate tito?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Why does everyone hate tito?

I wouldn't know, You would need to ask them. But seen as he was kicked out of the UFC a few year ago. Then went on every TV/radio station he could to bad mount Dana white,

Anyways back on topic.

I am really looking forward to the fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Yeah looking at TUF 3 myself and Tito (who i also hated before TUF3) was saying how a fight could be won outside the ring by getting in the oppents head and hence when the fight starts his one goal is to kick the living sh1te out of ya and his whole game plan and strategy is gone out the window.

I really want suga to pummel rampage so badly!!!

I also want to see the 2 presenters who i am 99% sure hate each other really go at it!!!!

racso1975 wrote: »

I also want to see the 2 presenters who i am 99% sure hate each other really go at it!!!!

LoL Who Joe and the other guy?

Thats so random.

But interesting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Thats so random.

Did you ever see how Goldie looks at Joe.
    No chance TBH :pac:

Thats so random.

Yeah defo tension there. Joe is always correcting him and makin him look like a tool

racso1975 wrote: »
    Yeah defo tension there. Joe is always correcting him and makin him look like a tool

Ya, I seen it myself. But not really thought much of it. Came across to me as " This guy is a tool " but not " I want to rip this tool a new ass whole "

anyways, What are peoples thoughts on the out comes of all the fights?

• Advertisement

Did you ever see how Goldie looks at Joe.
    No chance TBH :pac:

Joe is a big bloke. If its all water i dont know, But he has a good build.

I say Joe would take it to ground and pound it out. While goldie would want to stand and throw some rights to knock Joe out!

But the out come would be Joe taps Goldie out 90 seconds in to the first round :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Joe's also a life long Martial Artist and i reckon he'd be pretty good in a scrap.

As for the Goldie thing, i don't think they hate each other at all. I was at the Rogan Stand Up show and someone asked him to talk about Goldie and he said him and Goldie are great mates!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Joe's also a life long Martial Artist and i reckon he'd be pretty good in a scrap.

As for the Goldie thing, i don't think they hate each other at all. I was at the Rogan Stand Up show and someone asked him to talk about Goldie and he said him and Goldie are great mates!

Yeah I never noticed any signs of tension between the two of them and actually think the two of them work quite well together. Yes Rogan makes a lot of mistakes for someone who knows the entire history of MMA but thats part of the appeal and Goldberg is a good straight guy. Kind of reminds me of the WWE set up.

Also didn't Rogan challenge Wesley Snipes to a fight a few years ago? I don't think Goldberg stands a chance, unless Rogan's knee's give out.

Ya, I seen it myself. But not really thought much of it. Came across to me as " This guy is a tool " but not " I want to rip this tool a new ass whole "

anyways, What are peoples thoughts on the out comes of all the fights?
    I'd like to see bisping take a kickin and a shame he dropped weight class cause really wanted to see hamill rematch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Wrong place there Dev :pac:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ngggggggh.

Just as well i can move posts :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

Im actually looking forward to this card tonight...some really exciting fights is expected, i dont normally stay up and watch, i mostly dont even follow the UFC but tonight i will deffo be up to watch it with the likes of Nightmare fighting John Hattaway and even the Amir Soddolah fight with Dong should be good too, then obviously Bisping is going to be sharp after last time, no complacency about him tonight i bet, i reckon he will be better tonight than ever before..then with Rampage and Rashad i think is going to be a war, still think Rashad will win it but Rampage will put up a decent fight...... cant wait!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

i cant wait for hattaway and sanchez , im really hoping hattaway can do it, but i feel it might be a step to far for him at the moment.

i can see rashad using a lay and pray on top of rampage for 3 rounds and it being such a lack lustre main event after all the build up, im hoping for a rampage ko in the seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Anyone know where i could get a live stream of this tonight?

baraca wrote: »
    Anyone know where i could get a live stream of this tonight?

there will be some up closer to the event pal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭gravity12

Who do you think will win between rampage and rashad. I would of said rashad, but rampage looks quite trim at the weigh in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

TechnoPool wrote: »
    I can see rashad using a lay and pray on top of rampage for 3 rounds and it being such a lack lustre main event after all the build up, im hoping for a rampage ko in the seconds!

This sadly. I see it being similiar to the fight Rashad had with Thiago Silva. Although i wager Rampage has better takedown def than T.Silva. Hoping for some big slams from Rampage to :D
    gravity12 wrote: »
    I would of said rashad, but rampage looks quite trim at the weigh in

I thought he looked abit drawn and unhealthy thin. Maybe its just the size of his massive head that makes him look thin :P

gravity12 wrote: »
    Who do you think will win between rampage and rashad. I would of said rashad, but rampage looks quite trim at the weigh in.

i just have this god awful feeling that rashad is just going to lay on top of him for 3 rounds.

but i just have this little voice saying Rampage by KO in round 2!

im looking forward to the Duffee fight also.

i think thats the best shape rampage has been in in this career

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wanrek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

The Weigh in
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgFTMBIGtK8

I can see this being a pants fight purely for the reason im looking forward to it so much :(

I thought he looked abit drawn and unhealthy thin. Maybe its just the size of his massive head that makes him look thin :P

were just not used to seeing him in such good shape , he's never been one to be ripped coming into a fight, here's hoping it for him showing he is takin this fight very serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Anyone think Sanchez looks out of shape?

Wouldn't be surprised if Hathaway wins this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

Ice87 wrote: »
    Anyone think Sanchez looks out of shape?

Wouldn't be surprised if Hathaway wins this.

He has looked better alright yes, but he knows that if he loses his career is gone down the pan. I'm hoping he will pressure Hathaway and make him fold, purely because I have €400 on Diego :pac:

• Advertisement

Denners wrote: »
    He has looked better alright yes, but he knows that if he loses his career is gone down the pan. I'm hoping he will pressure Hathaway and make him fold, purely because I have €400 on Diego :pac:

thats a fair few yuri's ona fight that is far from a dead cert my man :D

TechnoPool wrote: »
    thats a fair few yuri's ona fight that is far from a dead cert my man :D

The only way that Hathaway wins this is if Diego underestimated him, skillwise Sanchez is a class above him at least. We will see though, Hathaway is nothing special, beat 2 mediocre fighters in Paul Taylor and Rick Storey. This is a huge step up for him imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

My brother wants to get this for tonight but its not on box office,its on ESPN which we don't have. Is there anyway to pay for just this event tonight without ordering ESPN,which I don't want.

tvnutz wrote: »
    My brother wants to get this for tonight but its not on box office,its on ESPN which we don't have. Is there anyway to pay for just this event tonight without ordering ESPN,which I don't want.

I can get you a link to watch it online if you want? If you download a link (veetle) you will have it in almost perfect quality. I used to use it so there is no viruses or anything like that, won't be up until 3 am though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Its an extra €9 but if u want to cancel it, there a charge of €15 euro.
    Veetle is great, but my internet always goes but if you have a good internet connection then veetle is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

download sopcast and use this link:

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=77590&part=sports

works perfect.

400 quid on Diego, thats a lot of money on it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

sonic.trip wrote: »

400 quid on Diego, thats a lot of money on it!!

Reminds me of something my Grandad used to say "if it comes in for a tenner, itll come in for a hundred".
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

i dont think hathaway is ready for diego yet but i see it going the distance
    and thats what my money is on at 6/4

seems very soon for hathaway taking on the likes of diego
    i wonder how that came about
    did hathaway ask for it?
    it just seems a bit soon for him i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Sorry if a repost but what time is it on at on ESPN?

Reminds me of something my Grandad used to say "if it comes in for a tenner, itll come in for a hundred".
    ;)

He was a wise man ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Chris89 wrote: »
    Sorry if a repost but what time is it on at on ESPN?

prelims on espn at 2

main card on at 3

• Advertisement
Advertisement