Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting GEM right after graduation?

Options
  • 04-05-2010 5:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I'm interested in doing GEM, but I won't have my degree until I'm 25 and don't want to leave it too late to start GEM (assuming I get it/still wanna do it). I'm doing nursing and my internship (last year of my degree) will finish late September '12, will I be able to start the GEM course a couple of weeks late? Is it advisable to? I know it's ages away I just want to know what options I'll have once I'm finished my degree.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

AFAIR at the UL open evening they were emphasising not starting late (they discussed it in the context of late offers I think). It can be pretty hectic in the first semester and you need to hit the ground running.

I also feel that starting straight into a highly taxing course like GradMed without some sort of a break might not be a great idea. I was burnt out when I finished my degree and don't think I would have been up for it.

And as for the age thing I don't think starting a 26 is that big a deal, its prob more likely the average age. I'll be 32 when (if) I start in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mcdermla

Good point, I don't know what the rush is to be honest! It would be interesting to see how people manage going from finishing a degree to going straight into GEM though.

Advertisement