Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swap: SRAM standard for SRAM compact

• 04-05-2010 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi

Finally making the move to compact. Anyone got an SRAM 50/34 175 chainset that wants a standard SRAM 53/39?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

Might know someone.I'll ask him.
    What sort of use has your chainset had.???

What sram model is it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,125 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

FWIW I'm buying a new groupset shortly (Rival or Force) and don't need the groupset crankset, so could possibly order you the specific crankset you want and pass on at reasonable discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭too_sleepy

Hi

It's been in use since last summer. Very little use until February, been out twice a week since then for 3 hour rides. Adding that up about 800km.
    It's an SRAM Force model.
    Lumen,many thanks. I don't mind paying for a compact just surprised at the online prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,125 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

too_sleepy wrote: »
    Lumen,many thanks. I don't mind paying for a compact just surprised at the online prices.

Sure, I just suggested it because it's significantly cheaper to buy as part of a complete groupset.

edit: that's no necessarily true. I just found that shinybikes.com are selling component parts that add up to about the same price as the groupset. The chainset is £159.95 from both shinybikes and J E James, €230.75 from CRC.

SRAM Force

Its standard bb I presume (not BB30).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭too_sleepy

Yes, standard.

I'll declare myself out of this.
    My friend bought a bike with a rival compact a few weeks back and hated the compact at first-he loves it now though.

Advertisement