Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XML Export from Excel

Options
  • 04-05-2010 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Been landed with doing some xml conversion work.
    basically there is data in a sample excel worksheet and we've been given xml schemas for conversion. I've added the xml schemas as mind maps in excel but i'm a bit out of my depth with mappings.
    I've been reading around but cant find a guide for this situation.
    Anyone have any pointers?
    Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Ares wrote: »
    Hi
    Been landed with doing some xml conversion work.
    basically there is data in a sample excel worksheet and we've been given xml schemas for conversion. I've added the xml schemas as mind maps in excel but i'm a bit out of my depth with mappings.
    I've been reading around but cant find a guide for this situation.
    Anyone have any pointers?
    Thanks.

have you tried this

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=72852247-6AFD-425C-83B1-1F94E4AC2775&displaylang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Cheers, gave it a go but its just extra excel functions.
    Been given a sample excel workbook, the schema and the expected output but just cant get it to map as the xsd just specifies repeating elements for a table(ie 7 columns x 38 rows) and whenever i try to map it it jsus maps a couple of cells. Doing something wrong but cant find any examples similar to this.

Advertisement