Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighborhoods to Watch Out For

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

Evil-p wrote: »
    Hey Tamith,

Like if you are going to university or going to be working etc. For instance, there are 2 areas touching on the dublin northside - marino and ballyboc - and they are chalk and cheese.

!

whats wrong with marino and bally boc been livein here all my life not a bother (marino)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Tamith wrote: »
    xD Why thank you! :P I appreciate your comment also and I'm glad to hear such things. My main intention with this thread, I realized, was that I was mainly interested in finding out what streets to keep away from in Dublin (makes so much more sense and keeps things a bit simpler, I think). but I ended up saying neighborhoods instead for some reason o.O But knowing that I'll be able to make friends quickly makes me feel much better. ^^ thank you!

If your thinking of streets, it's all good, there is life and character in the older area...s as a previous poster said steer clear of parnell street...dont listen to that there's a lot of cool little shops there. Dublin's nice, I worked on every street in Dublin doing outdoor promotion stuff for years, it's a doddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Thats rubbish ,what about... crumlin...

Oi! I'm renting in Crumlin and I love it. My neighbours are great and the couple of them I've gotten to know well, I know would go out of their way to help me or my OH out any time.

Tsk tsk - generalisation fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

Tamith wrote: »
    Wow o.o I'm sorry about the differentiations in opinions on here >,<

Though, to keep those who answered updated, I've currently gone about securing a place in Moyglare Village in Maynooth, but that won't be until June sometime (does anyone have any information about that place too? o.o). I will be taking your advice when it comes to living closer to the Dublin center for the time being, so I'm still looking for places. Will keep you updated once more =D

Beir-ooth is a good spot: it is a university town so it is pretty lively regards nightlife, good bars etc. But if you intend commuting to dublin city centre it is about an hour on a bus- the train takes less but not as frequent i think. I don't know much about moyglare sorry. Find out how far where u live will be from public transport. try posting on the kildare forum here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Not going to get into the 'this place is better than this' or 'this area is rough stay away' because people will be offended no matter where you mention. Even the roughest areas have the soundest people and the nicest places can be home to crimes just like anywhere else in the world. What i would say to the OP is : trust your instincts; if a place feels rough or you dont feel comfortable walking through it or whatever reason...you are better off staying away or getting a taxi. It could be a laneway in Ranalagh or an estate in Jobstown. Dublin unfortunetely has its fair share of crimes spread out over the city.

But in saying that it is the best place in the world to live AFAIK and i know you'll have a ball!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

Thats rubbish ,what about finglas ,Blanch , crumlin , summerhill
    OP dont take his advice anyway, hes easily frightened
    read the rest of his posts also hes a GAY JUNKIE!!!!

Excuse me?

Could you please enlighten me as to what the fcuk my sexuality has to do with this topic - i think my opinion is perfectly valid tbh, it's based on empirical observation.
    On the other hand, your post suggests that you have far too much time on your hands, and also that you're in dire need of some professional help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭macaronicheese

cosmic wrote: »
    Oi! I'm renting in Crumlin and I love it. My neighbours are great and the couple of them I've gotten to know well, I know would go out of their way to help me or my OH out any time.

Tsk tsk - generalisation fail
    My point is that , lots of places in Dublin have bad reps
    The point is also that while darndale , coolock,cabra,ballymun, finglas ,blanch,crumlin ,sheriff street, drimnagh,ballyfermot,tallaght...etc have very dodgy kips of areas in them
    people like you and other decent people can get on fine in them
    Not every single road or area in these places are hell

That gay junkie made a very harsh attack on every decent person living in a rough area saying suicide is better , maybe cause hes a gay addict

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

My point is that , lots of places in Dublin
    That gay junkie made a very harsh attack on every decent person living in a rough area saying suicide is better , maybe cause hes a gay addict

Ever heard of personal opinion?

I'll ask you again: what does my sexuality have to do with this topic? and why have you suddenly decided that I am a junkie? judging by your kneejerk labelling of me, I think I must have hit a sore spot with my first post. Maybe you should learn to relax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

People generally don't have guns here and we don't have red necks or the KKK.
    Dublin's crime rates are pretty low compared to cities in the UK or the USA.
    The majority of people living anywhere in the city are good people and law abiding,
    there will always be a few bad apples which give a place a bad rep and you do get a lot of
    ignorance predjuice from people who have never lived in the areas they are bad mouthing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I wouldn't bother with rathgar or ranelagh. Harolds cross is a place that will suit your needs perfectly OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You know what, this thread isn't worth the hassle.

The actions of a few idiots. :rolleyes:

Tamith, I'm more than willing to re-open this for you if you wish to update the situation for us, but I'm not prepared to leave this thread open as a flame to the moths of idiocy any longer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement