Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac: MAMP Pro available for 29.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Besides 30 quid, what's the difference between that and Xampp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Why pay when you can get it for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

oeb wrote: »
    Besides 30 quid, what's the difference between that and Xampp?

Fact that I use MAMP and not XAMPP :D

Absolutely no idea tbh its been a while since I've used XAMPP

The differences between MAMP / Pro are here http://www.mamp.info/en/mamp-pro/features/matrix.html

I've also lived happily in MAMP standard for erm 2 years now I think but I now own MAMP Pro :)

dlofnep wrote: »
    Why pay when you can get it for free?

?? erm is that the same way you can get photoshop for free ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

forbairt wrote: »
    ?? erm is that the same way you can get photoshop for free ?

The pro version doesn't have any features that don't exist in similar open-source, freeware server packages like WAMP/XAMMP etc..

Seems to be a waste of money tbh.

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote: »
    The pro version doesn't have any features that don't exist in similar open-source, freeware server packages like WAMP/XAMMP etc..

Seems to be a waste of money tbh.

Fair enough :) (wamp would be windows though)

Got the mail this morning said I'd pass it on .. been using it for 2 years quite happily and happy to give a few quid back to the maintainers :) maybe XAMPP does the exact same not checked out XAMPP as I said in a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Is there official support for the money?

Is there official support for the money?

Yep via email (though tbh I've no idea how good it is)

They give you a serial number for your install I've not installed it yet .. as the last time I did this I wiped out my existing mamp install copying the folder over the existing folder :D

I should add I was new to the mac world at the time and hadn't realised the implication of doing this

Advertisement