Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Rangers 19.45

• 04-05-2010 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Celtic to win and reduce the lead to 8 points then the pressure is all on Rangers. Celtic to win 2-1 C'mon Celtic.

Ah if only! nothing game and i don't really care. A draw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Badabing wrote: »
    Celtic to win and reduce the lead to 8 points then the pressure is all on Rangers. Celtic to win 2-1 C'mon Celtic.

The league is over, so what pressure are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Pressure on Rangers?! I very much doubt that!

The league is over, but at the end of the day you always want to your rivals, and Celtic have a point to prove. Their players have mouthed off all weekend about how they are "the better team" :confused:
    Add in the Neil Lennon factor and i reckon we could see Celtic win by a couple today.

Just wait for the Chants of "We Dont Care" from the stands though! :D If recent attendances are anything to go by it could be the first time ever that Rangers fans outnumber Celtics! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Eirebear wrote: »
    Pressure on Rangers?! I very much doubt that!

The league is over, but at the end of the day you always want to your rivals, and Celtic have a point to prove. Their players have mouthed off all weekend about how they are "the better team" :confused:
    Add in the Neil Lennon factor and i reckon we could see Celtic win by a couple today.

Just wait for the Chants of "We Dont Care" from the stands though! :D If recent attendances are anything to go by it could be the first time ever that Rangers fans outnumber Celtics! :D

I had tongue firmly in cheek :) Yeah i agree Hinkel should just shut up and get on with the game, i hope Lafferty gets a few 'tough' tackles tho how he is a professional footballer is beyond me.

I had tongue firmly in cheek :) Yeah i agree Hinkel should just shut up and get on with the game, i hope Lafferty gets a few 'tough' tackles tho how he is a professional footballer is beyond me.

lol yeah after re-reading your post i got that! :o Maybe the Old Firm tension is there after all!

As for Lafferty, hes a lovely young lad...whats the problem! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Isn't it unusual to have an evening Old Firm game? That's usually avoided I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

can see rangers winning this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

I don't care about the result tonight

Aye right I love to seeing Rangers beat them but I think the Tic will win it a lot of our players are probably already thinking of summer holidays.

Could well be interesting with some of the comments that have being flying about and I have a feeling if Novo plays he is going to get kicked up and down the park

I don't care about the result tonight

Aye right I love to seeing Rangers beat them but I think the Tic will win it a lot of our players are probably already thinking of summer holidays.

Could well be interesting with some of the comments that have being flying about and I have a feeling if Novo plays he is going to get kicked up and down the park

That would be nice and Lafferty hopefully Brown connects this time!, im messing of course. Wonder what the attendance will be tonight 40-50 thousand maybe.

That would be nice and Lafferty hopefully Brown connects this time!, im messing of course. Wonder what the attendance will be tonight 40-50 thousand maybe.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was very low I know a lot of tic fans from here who would never miss a game and they are not going over for this

• Advertisement

Wouldn't surprise me if it was very low I know a lot of tic fans from here who would never miss a game and they are not going over for this

Rangers have 8,000 i think yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Not looking forward to this at all tonight...

I'm sure the rangers fans will have a few fun things up their sleeve.

Not looking forward to this at all tonight...

I'm sure the rangers fans will have a few fun things up their sleeve.

I Know they will ;)

Rangers have 8,000 i think yeah?

Yeah round about that I think

I Know they will ;)

What I've heard so far...

Newspapers (always funny!)

Doing the Conga.

Unfurl a banner at the start of the game when YNWA is being belted out and scarves are being held aloft... I heard what your banner will say it's something like "Raise your scarves for second place" or something along those lines!

What else is there?

What I've heard so far...

Newspapers (always funny!)

Doing the Conga.

Unfurl a banner at the start of the game when YNWA is being belted out and scarves are being held aloft... I heard what your banner will say it's something like "Raise your scarves for second place" or something along those lines!

What else is there?

I have heard there are going to lots of referee's shirts there tonight ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

How does Lennon set his side up? It will be his first ever Old Firm as a manager!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,367 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Guaranteed we will get a last minute penalty just so they can can all say 'These things even themselves out during the season' or other such ****e

Guaranteed we will get a last minute penalty just so they can can all say 'These things even themselves out during the season' or other such ****e

You want to lay off that dope big man its making you a little jumpy! :p

• Advertisement

ziggy wrote: »

FF'S The game hasn't even started yet and the paranoia is seeping out already :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I can't see Celtic not winning, tbh. Lennon will be dying for a win in his first Old Firm as manager and the players will want to have a decent end to a terrible season.

3-1, Keane hat-trick.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Celtic 1-0 up.

Lee Naylor

1-1.
    Kenny fúcking Miller!:mad:

2-1.
    Fortuné.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Poor goal keeping for Celtics 2nd.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Louder cheer for Novo falling on his erse than for either goal tbh! :)

Rangers the better side in the 2nd half so far. Miller looking very decent it has to be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Can anyone tell me why both keepers were substituted? It doesn't say on the BBC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Celtic definitely got the bit of luck they had been complaining about just now with that hand ball shout off ODea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dive ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why both keepers were substituted? It doesn't say on the BBC

Both injured. McGregor twisted knee, and Boruc couple of broken fingers.

Miller could have had 5 tonight, but it wasnt to be.
    Fortune was all over Smith for the second, but c'est la vie.

McCulloch was unlucky with his sending off, he was late but he never made any contact and McGeady went down in instalments. I missed the penalty claim.

What i did find interesting tonight is that we saw what sellik will look like under Lennon. From the word go, they surrounded the ref, whined moaned and hassled. They also had some fight about them though and if he is their manager next year i will not be underestimating them.

Never mind though, the team that wanted it more won. That not something i will argue....but we still dont care! :D

Eirebear wrote: »
    Miller could have had 5 tonight, but it wasnt to be.
    Fortune was all over Smith for the second, but c'est la vie.

McCulloch was unlucky with his sending off, he was late but he never made any contact and McGeady went down in instalments. I missed the penalty claim.

What i did find interesting tonight is that we saw what sellik will look like under Lennon. From the word go, they surrounded the ref, whined moaned and hassled. They also had some fight about them though and if he is their manager next year i will not be underestimating them.

Lol, you sound like.... well.... us. We got the ref breaks tonight. Would love to have seen whether we'd have got the breaks had the league not been tied up. ;)

In any case, one thing Lenny knows is what you need to do when playing 'ra Peepil in the SPL - a bit of their own medicine. Hopefully whoever is manager next season will continue with that when required.

Fortune's goal was perfectly good, as was his previous disallowed one. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    Lol, you sound like.... well.... us. We got the ref breaks tonight. Would love to have seen whether we'd have got the breaks had the league not been tied up. ;)

In any case, one thing Lenny knows is what you need to do when playing 'ra Peepil in the SPL - a bit of their own medicine. Hopefully whoever is manager next season will continue with that when required.

Fortune's goal was perfectly good, as was his previous disallowed one. :rolleyes:

Not at all, your the one still being paranoid! ;)

Just goes to show doesnt it, no such thing as a meaningless Old Firm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,367 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I just love this pic :)

p5040802.th.jpg

I just love this pic :)

p5040802.th.jpg

Lol, I noticed "those" myself.... unfortunately I don't have HD though. :(

You sir, are a genius!

ziggy wrote: »

You are even more of a genius!

• Advertisement
Advertisement