Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry 8310 Curve

Options
  • 04-05-2010 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I hope someone can help i have just bought a BB 8310 Curve Im currently on the three network and when i put the sim in it comes up as Vodafone and when i search for my network it does not show up.

As well does any one know how to set my internet settings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The curve isnt a 3g handset, so isnt really suitable for the three network. Three only has a 3g licence, so in areas where they haven't their own network, they have an agreement to roam on vodafones network, and that why you are seeing vodafone network.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Ditto Davy is right.
    I supprised it even works with the sim in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

My bb Curve 8310 came sim free from Vodafone, so it's not surprising that it's accepting the sim card.
    I think the Vodafone the OP is referring to is, the start up logo, this branding isn't removable even if you remove all themes from the phone, and use another wireless operators firmware.

BB Curve 8310 isn't 3G capable, as explained above.

Bogger77 wrote: »
    My bb Curve 8310 came sim free from Vodafone, so it's not surprising that it's accepting the sim card.

BB Curve 8310 isn't 3G capable, as explained above.

Thats exactly why it is suprising.
    3 dont allow their sim's to work in 2G handsets as they dont have a 2g network so they wont let people run 2G only because they need to roam onto another network

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

mooneyd wrote: »
    Thats exactly why it is suprising.
    3 dont allow their sim's to work in 2G handsets as they dont have a 2g network so they wont let people run 2G only because they need to roam onto another network

Some gsm only handsets are fine, and accept the 3 sim in it.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up on that Davy

Advertisement