Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plan to unify Clare, Limerick councils

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

does this mean more or less knackers with pants tucked into socks ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

BOBBY wrote: »
    You mean possible scumbag migration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

I agree with Bobby, I'll go along with whatever means less knackers with pants tucked into socks migrating into Clare.

But seriously I really dont see the point in this. Limerick city council are at least as incompetant as Clare CoCo.
    Let them manage parts just outside the city that are in clare if they really want and it makes sense but you dont need to change the border to do that.

Whats next, Limerick needs an airport so they decide to annex the border all the way to shannon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Are there borders in Ireland (apart from the North and even there it's blink and miss)? :confused:
    Do Limerick people have to show their passports when crossing the "border" to Clare? Are they not allowed to move where-ever they want? Do they need a permission to live in Clare or elsewhere?
    They do it anyway.

I think it's not a bad idea to make one county council out of three. It saves a lot of money and might even (with the right people) get rid of the parochial thinking and parochial thinking buddies in the local councils.

Not a good idea though (I agree with the op) is centralisation of services. But a joint administration can always see to it that there are branches everywhere - like the Clare county library for example: has the hq in Ennis but branches in several villages.

BOBBY wrote: »

Definately more..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Nevermind_ wrote: »

Whats next, Limerick needs an airport so they decide to annex the border all the way to shannon?

Limerick does have an airport!
    Coonagh :)
    Let them build that up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Why in fcuk, do we need sooooooooo many county councils, and greasy paw councillors, costing a fortune, not to mention council employees in offices. It's lunacy of the highest order.
    Just take Clare Co Co. These idiots, have built themselves a great big corporate headquarters in Ennis at enormous cost. They paid their fat ass office employees disturbance money, to move out of the old building while it was being demolished and then paid them more disturbance money to move back in when it was rebuilt :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Multiply that ****e by all the counties in Ireland.
    Then there is the planners............................ who lashed out zoning like it was going out of fashion, to bankrupt developers, to build houses that wer not needed in the first instance.
    Meanwhile if you live a mile out the country, you cannot fart, with the Gestapo rules they apply to planning.
    Get rid of 80% of councils, councillors, offices, headquarters, and get back to basics.
    Ah, I feel better now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭clarelad

Tora Bora wrote: »
    Why in fcuk, do we need sooooooooo many county councils, and greasy paw councillors, costing a fortune, not to mention council employees in offices. It's lunacy of the highest order.
    Just take Clare Co Co. These idiots, have built themselves a great big corporate headquarters in Ennis at enormous cost. They paid their fat ass office employees disturbance money, to move out of the old building while it was being demolished and then paid them more disturbance money to move back in when it was rebuilt :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Multiply that ****e by all the counties in Ireland.
    Then there is the planners............................ who lashed out zoning like it was going out of fashion, to bankrupt developers, to build houses that wer not needed in the first instance.
    Meanwhile if you live a mile out the country, you cannot fart, with the Gestapo rules they apply to planning.
    Get rid of 80% of councils, councillors, offices, headquarters, and get back to basics.
    Ah, I feel better now:D

Well said:)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Most of ye were born in Limerick anyway! :)

I presume if they did merge those councils, they would get larger, and be proportionally served by Limerick and Clare members?

Once something like that happens, then surely it would save money and make them more efficient.

Advertisement