Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social group alert emails.

Options
  • 04-05-2010 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭

Within the social groups we have discussions/threads. Would it be possible to set up a feature like threads and forums? i.e. If you sub to a forum you can choose to have daily/weekly/no email alert notifications within that forum of new threads. If you post in a thread you're subbed to receive email alerts for new posts after yours.

Can this be done for the social groups too? The ability to sub to the group to receive weekly/daily updates of new discussions in the group and when we post in a discussion can we receive email alerts for new posts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

You can subscribe to a group via the "Group Tools" drop-down on the top right of the list of discussions:

112692.png

As far as I'm aware, there's no functionality for per-discussion notifications similar to thread notifications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Conor wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, there's no functionality for per-discussion notifications similar to thread notifications.
    Would it be possible to set this up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Bonito wrote: »
    Would it be possible to set this up?

Possible? Yes. Likely? No, at least not in the near future.

There are many higher-priority development tasks that need to be taken care of first.

I'll stick it on the (ever-growing) list of things to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Stop the presses. It's ok I just realised I can manually sub to discussions and receive email alerts for new posts. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Bonito wrote: »
    Stop the presses. It's ok I just realised I can manually sub to discussions and receive email alerts for new posts. :D

Yeah, you can do that already. Would be nice if it was automatic after you reply to a discussion though.

Also, when you do click on a reply in an email notification, it takes you to the first page of the discussion always, even if there are twenty pages of replies.

YouTube tags would be cool also, as would the ability to quote.

No idea if any of that is possible in the Social Groups though.

Cheers ..

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement