Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Computer IT Courses ?????

Options
  • 04-05-2010 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Im fairly ok with computers / laptops and like problem solving , be it internet issue's , virus issues etc , i think its something id like to get into , is there any online courses that are recognised if you were to go for a job ??

Problem is , im a mortgage holder so i can't quit my day job to study or go to college during the day , so id ideally be able to do it in stages to get a degree or diploma etc and maybe down the line work in that environment.

also a course that doesnt cost the earth would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You could try the open university,Oscil,TCD,NCI,DIT all for part time/distance learning computer courses.

qualifax.ie lists them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You would first need to decide what length of time you are willing to dedicate to the course - months, a year or two, or longer?

Generally speaking, the longer the course, the higher the qualification and therefore the better potential for earnings. Generally speaking.

The other thing to remember is that you won't learn computers online. You need a course with a hands-on component.

A+ is a short-term computer technician certificate that is recognised. Longer term, contact your local Institute of Technology for part-time evening courses. You should find one to suit you.

Advertisement