Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi-cheap bags, memory cards

• 04-05-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

From this Thursday-
    Camera bags for €8

4GB SD HC Memory cards for €8.99

4G Memory sticks for €14

(this could also be in bargain alerts but I think it should be in photography (duplicate to bargain alerts if you want).
    Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Damn, no CF cards :(

Bag looks like very good value though. I only recently paid €40 for one that's too small even for the few bits I own. Bigger sizes look like a right bargain there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Damn, no CF cards :(

Bag looks like very good value though. I only recently paid €40 for one that's too small even for the few bits I own. Bigger sizes look like a right bargain there.

i got the last one that had, flipping TINY

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

honestly, its a struggle to squeeze the body with a 50mm on

Hmmm, sounds similar to mine then. I could have one as a second bag [for whenever I get more lenses]

Atm, my cam with lens attached and one in the bag just about fits. though there are pockets that fit filters, lens cloths and wireless remote at least. It fits best with the kit lens attached and 50mm in the pocket, but I prefer to have the 50mm on mostly, which is a tighter squeeze as the kit lens, being longer, protrudes from the inner pocket/section more so, pushing the camera body up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I have checked the bags last year too and I was not able to fit in my lense on its own. But I was there in the afternoon when there was no much to choose from.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 18 TrimLad

The bag seems a bit small to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I was there Thurs at midday, I got the last of the big/rectangular bags.
    It'll fit body + 55-300mm lens and I can squeeze kit lens in too.
    Also came with lens bag and compact camera bag (perfect for my Lumix TZ3).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

why would you spend €1000+ (or whatever) on a DSLR, and then go out and buy the cheapest possible storage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

why would you spend €1000+ (or whatever) on a DSLR, and then go out and buy the cheapest possible storage?

cheap bag doesn't necessarily equal poor quality bag.

why not keep your money for new glass/flash etc. if a nice cheap bag does the trick for ya?

had a look at the bags, got 2 of them, once for my camcorder, and one for my camera when hillwalking etc.

well worth the 8.99!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Picked up a 4GB for my 1D, It's slower than any of my CF cards but means I can bring a lot less equipment(card reader, cables, cards) with me when I'm travelling to college.

So it get's my thumbs up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I think magicbastarder meant the cards as storage.

I'd be a bit wary of going too cheap on storage as well. Bags... feck. Just a bit of foam, polyester and maybe some neoprene if you're lucky!

Xiney wrote: »

I'd be a bit wary of going too cheap on storage as well. Bags... feck. Just a bit of foam, polyester and maybe some neoprene if you're lucky!

TBH they've got 3 year warranties, And a lot of the stuff aldi sell is of very good quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

You can't always assume cheap = bad and expensive = good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

It's a bag, it's made of same materials as a wow a SONY bag or NIKON bag. Build may be not 100% as good but it'll do the job perfectly.

Xiney wrote: »

ah ya that makes more sense! :D

agree with magicbastarder then, I also wouldn't buy cheap memory cards, defeats the purpose I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

alb wrote: »

oh no, I know that. And I don't buy the most expensive on the market either... but the horror of a corrupt card on a paid job? Not something I would be willing to risk.

ive had one for a year... regretted it from day one... lowepro slingshot 200 in post now... quite relieved

ive had one for a year... regretted it from day one... lowepro slingshot 200 in post now... quite relieved

If your gear is heavy they are the most badly designed, uncomfortable bag I've ever known!

If not it should be alright...

^^ hence why you sold me your 300? :)

which I've since gifted onto herself who loves it...so it all worked out in the end! :)

• Advertisement

coolmoose wrote: »
    ^^ hence why you sold me your 300? :)

which I've since gifted onto herself who loves it...so it all worked out in the end! :)

Yes! With a 1D body and 2 heavy sigma lenses, some other equipment and my netbook, I was crippled after walking around London for the day, and the main feature( the sling ) I rarely used! Since then I've went for 2 straps instead of one.. And since I got a new lens I'm so pleased I did!

Glad it found a good home :pac:

Ya same here, swapped to a Flipside 300, very pleased with it. The Slingshot 300 has plenty of room for her to expand her collection anyway! Out of interest, what bag did you get?

I got a Fastpack 350 Needed a laptop compartment to make brining my camera to college easier.. It's a great bag :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

alb wrote: »
    no, but a well known corporation like sandisk would not last long if their products were shoddy. whereas aldi would be more likely to get away with it, because a lot people would shrug their shoulders and say 'sure it only cost me nine quid'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Where'd you get it from, and for how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

I have the 200aw and it works a dream... well a dream could be better.

Anyway, carry my e-410 with 3 lenses (14x42)(40x150)(70x300) and that is some weight and I have no issue with it. The slingshot works like it's supposed to and I have plenty of space for my 4 batteries, memory cards AND my Canon G9 P&S. and then ofcourse there is the rain cover... need I ask for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Aldi in Clondalkin still as a bunch of the €8.99 camera bags in stock of a few sizes.

I took a good look at them, and they look fairly reasonable quality (deadly for €8.99!) and they have an attached rain slicker as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I got a Fastpack 350 Needed a laptop compartment to make brining my camera to college easier.. It's a great bag :)

I have same. It manages to fit virtually everything I need and it's sturdy as hell. It's a shame there's no AW cover in it, but someone told me last week that you can now get general purpose AW covers separately from LowePro?

• Advertisement
Advertisement