Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tina Leonard

• 04-05-2010 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

I've just spent the last 15 mins or so listening to her completely bumble and giggle her way though what I belive was intended to be valuable consumer advice.

She's never been any cop on her radio slot but today must have been the worst, she took Pat Kennys words up the wrong way every time it seemed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

PK: A pack of peanuts contains the warning "may contain nuts".

20 seconds later TL goes "and of course it would have to....oh yeah".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

mike65 wrote: »
    I've just spent the last 15 mins or so listening to her completely bumble and giggle her way though what I belive was intended to be valuable consumer advice.

She's never been any cop on her radio slot but today must have been the worst, she took Pat Kennys words up the wrong way every time it seemed.

was she sucking on a bong prior to that segment?

terrible terrible radio.

I dont think she should be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Agree totally, always seems to be just 'winging it' with no air of authority of any kind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Who is Tina Leonard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

A consumer affairs 'expert' wheeled out by RTE to debate consumer issues, most of which she seems very ill informed on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

ocokev wrote: »

you have got be kidding me?

She has a show because someone in RTE thinks she is an 'expert' ?

I am better informed than her and thats not boasting on my behalf, more a statement on how little she actually knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Barname wrote: »

Yeah I agree with this. She seems like a nice enough girl, but she doesnt have a voice for radio and doesnt have the knowledge required for the position. It does seem like there was a position available and she was pushed in to it and given the title expert.

In the same way that RTE treat Liz O'Kane as a property "expert". Although Liz, as a vested interest and considering she is "advising" on what is the largest purchase of the average person's life, is far more dangerous than Tina Leonard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

you have got be kidding me?

I am better informed than her and thats not boasting on my behalf, more a statement on how little she actually knows.

It's a bit like the technology slot on newstalk.

They have people on who can't answer simple technology questions because of who they are or their job titles.

for example they brought in tech journalist from the silicon republic.

She re-hashes PR releases she's not an expert on anything.

This happens all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

ntlbell wrote: »

They have people on who can't answer simple technology questions because of who they are or their job titles.

Exactly, they had an "expert" talking about backup's and claimed that for an external hardrive you would pay about €1 per Gb, I bought a 1000Gb hard drive for €119 the week before (€881 wrong about the price)

On Topic. I totally agree with this thread title. She's knows about 2 lines about the consumer information act and keeps quoting them. she's far from an expert and me thinks their just trying to keep the women quota as experts when I'm sure their more capable women out there.

• Advertisement

once again Tina the idiot spends 15 minutes saying nothing and putting listeners to sleep

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

once again Tina the idiot spends 15 minutes saying nothing and putting listeners to sleep

Saw her on the Afternoon Show repeat. She does the same there. Had to get up or i would have nodded back off.

more wasted airtime with Tina

her favourite phrase:

'Its a tricky one'

she NEVER gives a definitive answer, why does Pat have her on?

Yeah heard her there. Very non committal ... introduces loads of grey areas to cover herself. I think you can tell by her voice that she really isnt 100% in what she is speaking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

ntlbell wrote: »

Same goes for the one on The Last Word, it's mostly populist nonsense or regurgitating PR spiel, very little personal opinion or constructive criticism and analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Am I the only one who finds Tina a bit of a babe? Seen her on the telly a few times and she is a hot woman!

todolist wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds Tina a bit of a babe? Seen her on the telly a few times and she is a hot woman!

what have her looks got to do with her inability?

what have her looks got to do with her inability?
    Mmmm...nothing.I just wanted to point out something positive.She hasn't a scooby doo what she's talking about but she's nice to look at is all I'm saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

todolist wrote: »

I think you should look for a repair/replacement/refund from your optician.

SkidMark wrote: »
    I think you should look for a repair/replacement/refund from your optician.
    They get steamed up when she's on!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Should have gone to Specsavers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

In relation to her ability/expertise; she headed up the European Consumer Centre here for years. That's a job 100% focussed on consumer rights, and pretty much devoid of PR considerations. It's safe to say she knows something about the subject.

alastair wrote: »
    In relation to her ability/expertise; she headed up the European Consumer Centre here for years. That's a job 100% focussed on consumer rights, and pretty much devoid of PR considerations. It's safe to say she knows something about the subject.

by your method of reasoning Patrick Neary was a brilliant Financial Regulator :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

by your method of reasoning Patrick Neary was a brilliant Financial Regulator :rolleyes:

I see where you're going - obviously someone who successfully attained a position of responsibility in running a particular centre of niche expertise, and maintained that position over a number of years is bound to know nothing about said area. What you actually need is an armchair expert - all of the pontification and none of that messy experience.

Cover you hand as you are typing in your PIN number, dont tell anybody your PIN number..... groundbreaking stuff again from Tina..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Cover you hand as you are typing in your PIN number, dont tell anybody your PIN number..... groundbreaking stuff again from Tina..

And remember to make a note of how much is in your bank account so that you may notice when someone has stolen from it. She's going to teach us how to tie our shoelaces tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Onthe3rdDay

There are plenty of people in jobs who appear to be fully qualified, but once you scratch the surface you wonder how they ever got to that position. This post is not aimed at Tina but just a general comment.

Job titles don't always tell you the full story.
    I see where you're going - obviously someone who successfully attained a position of responsibility in running a particular centre of niche expertise, and maintained that position over a number of years is bound to know nothing about said area. What you actually need is an armchair expert - all of the pontification and none of that messy experience.

What's worrying in this country is that Armchair experts seem to know more than the actual authorities a lot of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heh, I just spotted my somewhat contentious thread title got edited. Sounds like my original view is still the correct one mind...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Maybe she has a thing for Pat and gets all girly in his presence?
    Certianly sounds like that to me.

A girl I was in college with went to RTE on work experience and said that when Pat talks to you, you feel like the only person in the room even in the middle of a nob-do.

• Advertisement

more wasted airtime with Tina

her favourite phrase:

'Its a tricky one'

she NEVER gives a definitive answer, why does Pat have her on?
    I thought her favourite phrase was 'That's a good question Pat'.She really hasn't a scooby doo what she's talking about.Typical of government quangos.Total waste of time and money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh God she's talking TV and how to receive it. Stand by for confusion.

Another tour de force by Tina "They have the Internet on computers now?" Leonard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Tina = master of misinformation

Too many errors to start correcting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Still a better effort at informing listeners and viewers than the official public awareness campaign. I only caught the last few minutes though....what did she get wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

She did a piece on the Food Tax in Denmark today and informed us that Denmark is the home of the Fresian cow. Obviously the hint in the name of the breed missed Tina. Apologises to RTE Dutch listeners.

• Advertisement
Advertisement