Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental V Purchase Travel to France

Options
  • 04-05-2010 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

I am travelling in the south of france for 10 days, end of month. car rental firm wants 10.00 per day for rental, of Sat nav. Is it cheaper to buy a unit before I travel, I would need maps of Toulouse, Nice,Monaco and Marseilles.
    Any advice please

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The €100 spent on rental would be dead money. For that ammount or very little extra you could get a basic device with European maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

koolkid wrote: »
    The €100 spent on rental would be dead money. For that ammount or very little extra you could get a basic device with European maps.

thanks for that, any recomendations as I am new to this:confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

TomTom Start @ €159 is a good basic device with European mapping. With TomTom devices you are also guaranteed the lates available map update. You also have the advantage of mapshare giveing you the ability to make your own corrections.
    Garmin Devices start at around the same with the Nuvi 1200

If you want something more basic shop around Argos, Harvey Normans & the likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I found satnaveasy good on price and got full European mapping too for around a €100 Link

Advertisement