Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakin in Charlesland Wood

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

this thread is going seriously off the rails - please try and keep it on-topic folks and save the sweeping generalisations about council-housing and the Gardai for somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Interesting the way the accusations of snobbery, scaremongering, holier than thou emerge when one posts what has since turned out to be fact. I never mentioned council houses, social classes or inferred that all in a neighbouring estate are bad. On the contrary, folk over there are as annoyed by this small group as anyone. Sorry if I used the word scumbag to describe someone who breaks into homes. They're victims too, Right?
    I repeat ;the type of incidents we have had in the estate, thefts, etc have been mostly of an opportunistic nature. We are not being targeted by criminal gangs. We have good police coverage and generally vigilant neighbours.
    Is that snobbery and scaremongering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Interesting the way the accusations of snobbery, scaremongering, holier than thou emerge when one posts what has since turned out to be fact. I never mentioned council houses, social classes or inferred that all in a neighbouring estate are bad. On the contrary, folk over there are as annoyed by this small group as anyone. Sorry if I used the word scumbag to describe someone who breaks into homes. They're victims too, Right?
    I repeat ;the type of incidents we have had in the estate, thefts, etc have been mostly of an opportunistic nature. We are not being targeted by criminal gangs. We have good police coverage and generally vigilant neighbours.
    Is that snobbery and scaremongering?

Stop making straw man arguments.

The post was targeted at an entire group. I have seen plenty of "small groups" in and around SQ, haning about, doesn't make them scumbags or anything of the likes.

I'll post your comment, just so we are clear on what you actually said.
    Small groups of scumbags use a right of way from BL accross the river and field to the shops at Charlesland. If they see something on way back, they take it.

You seemed pretty definite here that they all rob at every opportunity, they are all scumbags etc etc.

That's the type of crap we need less of.

The only time you should look down on somebody is when you are helping them up... ;)

But lets not use logic here, lets brand all the "small groups" around SQ as scumbags, and we all know that scumbags rob all the time, right? :rolleyes:

You're right about one thing though, there's plenty of snobbery and scaremongering in this thread ;)

Yep there is. And grandiose generalisations. And they're all coming from you.

Yep there is. And grandiose generalisations. And they're all coming from you.

Care to point them out? Maybe I can elaborate if they exist.

• Advertisement

''straw man arguments'' flamebaiting
    ''The post was targeted at an entire group'' I never targeted any ''entire'' group. Quite a specific group involved but unable to post for obvious reasons. Turned out to be correct.
    ''they all rob at every opportunity, they are all scumbags etc etc.''never said any of this.
    ''But lets not use logic here, lets brand all the "small groups" around SQ as scumbags, and we all know that scumbags rob all the time, right'' your words not mine.
    It seems that you are are getting a little excited from your ultra politically correct high chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

lives in Burnaby lawns. There is little chance it's owner will take any responsibility for it.

Why are you targetting Burnaby Lawns in your various posts, its time you stopped now.

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Why are you targetting Burnaby Lawns in your various posts, its time you stopped now.
    It is not targetetting as you put it. It was two subjects and the answer was a matter of fact in both cases. i have nothing against BL or anywhere else for that matter.

''straw man arguments'' flamebaiting

Strawman argument, this is one:

Sorry if I used the word scumbag to describe someone who breaks into homes. They're victims too, Right?
    ''The post was targeted at an entire group'' I never targeted any ''entire'' group.

The following statement implies otherwise. Slandering whole groups of people, based on what exactly? What you said is indefensible. What makes you label them as scumbags?
    Small groups of scumbags use a right of way from BL accross the river and field to the shops at Charlesland.

Quite a specific group involved but unable to post for obvious reasons. Turned out to be correct.

Typical... Yet nobody can be sure of this, as we only have the OP's word to go by.
    ''they all rob at every opportunity, they are all scumbags etc etc.''never said any of this.

Oh? Well explain the following then:
    If they see something on way back, they take it.

What makes you so definite of this? Have you witnessed it? On many occasions? You imply that any time these people have a chance, they commit a crime. You are making assumptions.
    ''But lets not use logic here, lets brand all the "small groups" around SQ as scumbags, and we all know that scumbags rob all the time, right'' your words not mine.

I understand that sarcasm is difficult to pick up on via text, but the :rolleyes: at the end was pretty obvious, no?
    It seems that you are are getting a little excited from your ultra politically correct high chair.

Perception fail.

You see, many people have to put up with people with your attitude on a daily basis, and it's pretty annoying. It's similar to racial profiling. Would you like to be shown the same contempt from people of a higher social status than you? Highly doubtful. So why do it to others? Don't be so quick to judge, the majority of this countries scumbags have good jobs, are successful, they wear suits and ties on a daily basis, they work as lawyers, politicians, bankers etc etc, ;)

Was waiting for the racist argument to arise at some stage. Well there it is ''racial profiling''. The only person who referred to social groups,status, accents or so called disadvantaged people was yourself. I referred to a group who come into the estate frequently, shoplift from the stores and steal stuff on the way back, even break into houses. I called them scumbags. I will stick with that. They cause similar, in fact worse problems for some people who have to live nearer to them.
    I dont know whose cause you assume to be championing but it is quite clear from your previous post that you have predjudices of your own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

loyatemu's warning has been completely ignored.

Thread is going no where so locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement