Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games arcade

Options
  • 04-05-2010 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭

Are there any games arcades/amusements in Galway city? I'm thinking along the lines of Dr. Quirkeys on Dublin's O'Connell St.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

your best bet is seapoint in salthill

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not sure, I've never been to that one in Dublin.
    We do have a few out in Salthill though.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

If it's arcade games then seapoint in salthill is your best bet, if it's gaming in general (P.C. etc.) then try http://www.squareyes.com/ based in Foster Street (just off Eyre Square).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

Thanks for the replies guys. It seems games arcades have been relegated to touristy sea side resorts these days. Everybody has games consoles at home now so I guess the arcade is just a victim of the modern age.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Well the arcade games side will have suffered due to consoles/PC's but most places seem to be able to keep running based on their poker machine business. Guess a trip to Tokyo is called for if you want a proper arcade!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Seapoint used to have a huge video games section but it's been relegated to a smaller area shared with pool tables. Most of it is now slots and 2p machines. The only games they tend to have are racers and shooters - I think the only machine with an actual joystick is a retro selections one that wasn't working last time I checked :/

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Still dont understand why Mr McDonagh closed down Funworld in Eyre Square...always seemed to be busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Oh, wait, I think there are a couple of machines in the bowling alley near Tesco. Haven't been there for a while.

Advertisement