Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

walking near the city

Options
  • 04-05-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭

hi where can one go for a nice evening walk in the vicinity of the city centre... like are there any nice parks or walk areas other than fitzgeralds park?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

I think down by the docks look fairly nice, (by Albert road/Centre Park Road i think). Havent done it myself but always looked like a peaceful stroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I like to walk through UCC and then go past the cathedral. Nice walk and lots of people around so it's safe too.

UCC is a good one, nice and scenic by the river too, there is The Lough too of course, not great in the evenings as it's very busy, lovely in the mornings though. Wouldn't be too keen on wandering around Centre Park Road of an evening, always thought it's a bit creepy down there, when I was a rep (sad times, worst job I ever had) I had a customer or two down there, something about the place that I don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

NoDice wrote: »
    I like to walk through UCC and then go past the cathedral. Nice walk and lots of people around so it's safe too.

it's a lovely area to walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

lee fields .. from county hall right out to ballincollig if your after a long walk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

A walk around The Lough - great way to spend an evening:) Don't forget to take some green food like cabbage/salads for birds, feeding them with bread is unfortunately prohibited, cos it affects the water quality and crap.

Friars Walk park next to Troy Top community centre.

Walk from city to Blackrock castle, nice area down there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hill1

start at the end of shandon street, walk along the north mall to to the old irish distillers site there is a walk along the river that is really nice it comes out at the top of the mardyke near the entrance to ucc, you could walk on through Fiztsgeralds park, go pass the shaky bridge and walk along the path at the back of the the mardyke arena, go through the gates at the wellington bridge end cross the road, there is a another set of gates that will take you on to the walk that will lead on to the lee fields, really nice walk, lots of birds and wild flowers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

hill1 wrote: »
    start at the end of shandon street, walk along the north mall to to the old irish distillers site there is a walk along the river that is really nice it comes out at the top of the mardyke near the entrance to ucc, you could walk on through Fiztsgeralds park, go pass the shaky bridge and walk along the path at the back of the the mardyke arena, go through the gates at the wellington bridge end cross the road, there is a another set of gates that will take you on to the walk that will lead on to the lee fields, really nice walk, lots of birds and wild flowers

+1 Lovely walk.

Advertisement