Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Finance

Options
  • 04-05-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    Looking for some tips on who is the best for car finance. Looking for about €10k and have only seen rates from 10%-13%.
    thegills

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

thegills wrote: »
    Guys,
    Looking for some tips on who is the best for car finance. Looking for about €10k and have only seen rates from 10%-13%.
    thegills

Why would you want finance? Have you tried the banks for motor loans. lower rates and not secured on car. The rates on finances are terrible. credit unions seem to have good motor loan rates at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Hi Chris,
    I'm with BoI and they dont do car loans anymore as they outsource to a car finance broker. Same with AIB who will give me a personal loan but interest rates are over 11%
    I'm not in a credit union but I'll join now I think.

thegills wrote: »
    Hi Chris,
    I'm with BoI and they dont do car loans anymore as they outsource to a car finance broker. Same with AIB who will give me a personal loan but interest rates are over 11%
    I'm not in a credit union but I'll join now I think.

yeah may be best saving with the CU for a few months and then apply fort motor loan there. I just think the finance deals are a bad deal overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BOND747

iv just got 7k loan from my local credit union for 7.4%

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sambor

hi,
    I have been applied last month for car loan to AIB (I paid my old car loan 6 month before date) an they don't want to give me any money for car, I bought tickets for ferry to go on holidays and now I have a problem, They don't tell me a reasone why my application is unsuccessfull, I was told that AIB don't give any loans for anyone but that are only gossips.

• Advertisement

sambor wrote: »
    hi,
    I have been applied last month for car loan to AIB (I paid my old car loan 6 month before date) an they don't want to give me any money for car, I bought tickets for ferry to go on holidays and now I have a problem, They don't tell me a reasone why my application is unsuccessfull, I was told that AIB don't give any loans for anyone but that are only gossips.

They are a lot stricter on giving out credit now. In fairness not the brightest idea to book a ferry to bring the car with you when you havent been approved for the finance. Its always a possibility they will refuse you.

I cleared a loan with BOI way before it was due to end but i know if i went into them i would still probably have a hard time getting a loan but thats just the way it is.

Advertisement