Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[C&C] Stars stars stars

• 04-05-2010 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I've been indulging my other photography passion, and working to build up my courage to do a three-hour exposure:

1.jpg

125.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

Thats a pain. I hate when you try to take a nice picture and all you get are blurry streaks of light :rolleyes:

great stuff, i love trying those shots myself, but the longer evening give me less of a window now. Maybe a few cups of strong coffee in the evening might get me past my bedtime

Nice shots Fenster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

could only be improved if you had a landmark...or some building in the pic - ....something that isnt moving - so you could get the streaks flowing across...anyways..nice capture.

EDIT: I wish to subscribe to your newsletter !

Can i ask how you did that? I've seen a few photos like that but I'm not quite getting it?

According to the exif that my computer shows me you only used a 1 second exposure.. I'm assuming that's incorrect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

#2 was 1820 seconds and #1 was 1850.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

Can i ask how you did that? I've seen a few photos like that but I'm not quite getting it?

According to the exif that my computer shows me you only used a 1 second exposure.. I'm assuming that's incorrect?

These photographs were almost certainly taken over the course of several minutes.

Star trails are fairly easy to photograph: set lens to infinity, put camera on tripod, point camera at night sky, experiment with exposure until you get the look you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

charybdis wrote: »
    These photographs were almost certainly taken over the course of several minutes.

Star trails are fairly easy to photograph: set lens to infinity and beyond, put camera on tripod, point camera at night sky, experiment with exposure until you get the look you want.

FYP ... am in a bit of a giddy mood today ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yeah get some tree's in there or some buildings.

They would look very nice then.

Really makes a difference:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_kingsley/4208491987

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

2.jpg

Advertisement