Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Disco in Havanas last thursday?

Options
  • 04-05-2010 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭

Hi there. Not sure if this is the right forum. If not, mods, please feel free to move this.

I got a text from Havanas last week about a Silent Disco which they were hosting last Thursday. Unfortunitely, I was unable to go. I've really enjoyed the Silent Discos at the Electric Picnic and was curious to find out how this one went down. Anyone out there who attended it care to share their opinions of the experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

Ah damn would have been well up for this, i went to one in Electric Picnic a couple of years ago and it was so much fun, taking off the headphones hearing everyone singing was hilarious! :D

Anyone know if any more will be on in the city?

goat2 wrote: »
    i know it is not the right place to post this
    were there two ladies aged 25 and 44 caught for a murder that happened in clon cork in 2007
    they live in kerry

Start a Thread about it in the Cork City forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

taking off the headphones hearing everyone singing was hilarious! :D

That and when you realise what the other DJ is playing because half of the people suddenly belt out the chorus. Also, seeing others dancing out of time to what you're listening to..

Don't know if there'd be enough interest for Havanas to host it on a weekly basis but I hope that I haven't missed my chance to attend it.

Ha yeah that was class quickly swiching to the other channel!
    Thinking of going to Electric Picnic this year again hopefully they have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

The silent disco in Havanas was awful. Actually it was worse than awful.

First of all it cost €10 which included the rent of the headphones and a vodka "mule"- (watered down vodka with a little bottle of schweppes). While I didn't mind paying that obviously a lot of people did because the club was DEAD. I mean, 1 floor and even at that it was only half full. Maybe it was because it wasn't advertised very well. On the plus side we got a free glowstick bracelet and those slatty sunglasses.

Second of all, despite going to the effort of organising a silent disco, nobody actually explained the concept to Havanas. For the first hour I was there the music was on full blast and there was a different song playing in the headphones but it was too low to hear it. They actually turned off the music and just used the headphones for roughly 15 minutes. Just when people had started getting used to the channel switching and stuff they turned the main speakers back on and asked for the headphones back.

In short- disaster. Badly advertised and badly ran. I was very disappointed I must say.

• Advertisement

Thinking of going to Electric Picnic this year again hopefully they have it!

They had it last year although, like a lot of things, thet changed it a bit. The sides of the tent were rolled up meaning that one could see into it and out of it. IMO it detracted from the atmosphere somewhat.

@ mahamageehad Thanks for your comprehensive account of the event. Sounds strange that it was so far wide of the mark. 'Tis a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

When i first saw this thread, I thought it was about a social event for deaf people

Cubins had one last Friday I think, source not 100% reliable though.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Cubins had one last Friday I think, source not 100% reliable though.

Aw man! Another opportunity missed. Hope it was run better than the one in Havana's apparently was. If anyone knows of any more coming up please post the details here.

Advertisement