Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - Customer Care / Mobile Internet

Options
  • 04-05-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

Iv been a Meteor customer for many years and have been happily living off €20.00 credit (Free Meteor - Meteor Txts) but upon getting an Iphone recently i decided that i would switch to their new Smart Lite Plan (€30.00) a month that offers me 200 Txts / 200 Minutes / 1gb Data Allowance, i can justify spending the extra €10.00 for the ability to use Internet on the go.

So i called into the Dundrum store yesterday and got setup processed all my details and the girl was very helpful and answered all my questions. From what she told me all she had to do was hit the 'enter' button and i would be setup. After leaving the shop i knew it would take 10 minutes or so to get processed but in reality it was really about 3 hours before it took effect for me. Not the end of the world but annoying none the less. I was also told that the Iphone was fine and worked no problem. Now im not a tech virgin infact im quite good with this sort of stuff but from the start this 3G stuff just doesnt want to work. I tried to get the settings from the Meteor website it says the Iphone isnt supported? (Girl said it was)

I tried contacting Meteor Customer Care (1905) but when i ring that there is a recording that says there is a new number for Pay As You Go Customers (1747 @15c /min) but hold on im Bill Pay Now? Ok ill try that anyways (1747 Doesnt work when i try to ring it) so basically im stuck, i have this new plan i cant use, i cant get settings for and i cant contact customer care. I sent an email from their website and was told it would be 2 days? Not really the best of service.

Anyone else having problems getting through to their customer care? Any details would be great as their website has none! Not even an announcement about the new customer care number change.

A quick google brought up a blog of a user that has the ISP settings required for the Iphones 3G settings and i followed them all but it still doesnt want to work. It does state in those instructions to ring and get them to activate your phone for Mobile Internet but catch 22 ... I cant ring..

Sorry for the long post but is anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Nevermind managed to get through with the International Number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I have the same problems as you. I got a E52 last week and am on smart 30. I don't know about any i phone specific problems but I cant send or receive web texts or check by balance by text. I also have the same problem contacting customer service. You can get through on this number 1890 808 585 but you will have to pay.

When I got through to customer service they told me the web text thing and contacting customer service was a technical problem on their end but could not give any estimate on how long it would take to fix. That was on the 28th of April and I am still having problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread closed as OP has contacted Meteor

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement