Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good spots for photos?

Options
  • 04-05-2010 12:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Where are the best places around the city and county for taking pictures? I got a new camera a few weeks ago and have a few days off coming up so i plan on getting some use out of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Along the Shannon by King John's castle or clarion hotel.

Out in the University.

Glenstal abbey in Murroe or Clare Glens about two miles from Glenstal.

Curraghchase out past Kildimo.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Carrigogunal (sp?) is a nice spot, not too far outside the city either.
    I've picked up some good shots along the canal from town out as far as Plassy.
    Matches in Thomond Park and the Gaelic Grounds are usually good occasions for taking pictures too.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

What are you interested in?

Some ideas from the top of my head.

Water/rivers, along the Shannon in the city, Clare Glens for Waterfalls, Killaloe for the lake, Lough Gur

Forest/Woods - Curraghchase, Cratloe, Clare Glens ?

Scenery - Overlooking the city from up near the "Golf Ball" on Windy Gap, if you can travel a bit further try the Burren

Old Buildings/Churches/Castles - Bunratty, King John's Castle, St Mary's Cathedral, St. John's Cathedral

Look at my photos on pix.ie for some of what I have taken over the years.

Advertisement