Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Multimedia

Options
  • 04-05-2010 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi im currently in 2nd year in dit studyin bus computin..but im changin cousre next year and was lookin at Creative Multimedia in dkit. Just wonderin if anyone thats doing it could tell me bit more about it. Is there much presentations? what each subject like?do yas do more writin or editing work dat kind of info.. Plz if any1 doin can dey give more info Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hey. A friend of mine is on boards and he's doing this course. I dropped out of the course but you should send him a PM or something and ask him about it.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=53847

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MsDarcy

Hey That guy just a quick question for you, how difficult is the multimedia aspect of the course .. does if require a good standard of maths or that type of thinking? Thanks :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Hi MsDarcy.

I've just completed my 3rd year in Creative Multimedia and I've loved every minute of it.

There is no maths involved. You do a bit of programming in second and third year but no prior knowledge of programming principles is expected.

Writing is a bit of a broad area. Care you be more specific? There is a module where you free write and write weekly blog posts and there is also modules where you write scripts for short films. Then of course there are some theory modules where you have to write essays and what have you but that comes with every course. As far as I can see though, there aren't as many essays in Creative Media as other courses. Yay for that! :P

You edit video, learn how to use Photoshop, Illustrator, you learn how to make websites, logo design, 3d modeling, edit and record audio and loads more...

It's a very broad course that covers a lot of areas. Group projects are quite a big thing in the course. The lecturers believe that it's to help prepare us for real world situations where collaboration is a pretty big deal in the work place now a days.

The lecturers are all great. Most know their subject very well and like it too. This shows in their enthusiasm. They are all really approachable and there are usually 2 trips to the pub with them all a year! :)

There are a few presentations, yeah but nothing worth worrying about. The class group is quite small usually (30 - 40 people) and by the time you start doing presentations you know your classmates pretty well so it's not that daunting. I used to be very nervous when it came to presentations but now I don't mind them. You get used to them and I'm a lot more confident in speaking in front of people as a result.

There is a yearly public exhibition on on the 3rd, 4th and 5th of June which showcases 3rd year and 4th year Multimedia work and 4th year Video and Film and Games courses aswell. You should try and make your way down so you can see what types of things we do and if it tickles your fancy. Plus it's an opportunity to talk to students about the course.

Anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MsDarcy

Thanks a mill for all the info... the website doesnt give much!!

The public exhibition sounds great. I think I might just make the trip up. Is there a site where times and that kinda craic are up? Im in 1st year in nui maynooth but im hoping to transfer .. so it would be even better if I "coincidently" bumped into someone who works on the course and figure out how the transfer thing works..its not clear at all on the website or else i just cant find it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

MsDarcy wrote: »
    Hey That guy just a quick question for you, how difficult is the multimedia aspect of the course .. does if require a good standard of maths or that type of thinking? Thanks :):)

I wouldn't ask me that. I dropped out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement