Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First PES2011 Information.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

As someone who switched to FIFA for after playing the first PS3 version of PES (PES2008 I think), I have the following (probably stupid question):

• Option files - Are these readily available for PS3 PES games and do they include all kits, player\team names, updated stats, etc and are they free?
    • I presume its just a matter of copying them over onto the PS3 HDD?
    Any word of when we will be getting a PS3 demo of PES2011??

Heres hoping that this version will bring me back to the glory days of PES

Cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 45,537 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

As someone who switched to FIFA for after playing the first PS3 version of PES (PES2008 I think), I have the following (probably stupid question):

• Option files - Are these readily available for PS3 PES games and do they include all kits, player\team names, updated stats, etc and are they free?
    • I presume its just a matter of copying them over onto the PS3 HDD?
    Any word of when we will be getting a PS3 demo of PES2011??

Heres hoping that this version will bring me back to the glory days of PES

Cheers all

1. Yes - very easily available. there were premiership/main teams fixed files on the day of release last year. It is a case of moving them to the PS3 harddrive, but thanks to the PS3 not having a mass selection/import feature for copying files to the save data utility, each file has to be done individually - so that is the edit data (squads/names) as one file then another file for every single kit you want to import. Last OF I imported had something like 100 files, so it took a while to copy them all across. tedious.

2. Demo will probably be early/mid september (FIfa is September 16th, I imagine PES will hit at a similar time) but nothing concrete has been said.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,537 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Not only are we getting it 8 days after the rest of europe, we are getting it 3 days after North America.....

FU Konami.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not only are we getting it 8 days after the rest of europe, we are getting it 3 days after North America.....

FU Konami.

Probably a good thing to be honest. It will be eight days for the truth to filter through rather than just hearing the Winning Eleven Fanboy bullsh*t of "It's great, they improved everything."

Plus after waiting eight days, waiting another 7 for it to drop to 30 euro like the last few years won't seem so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I got 2010 in Tesco for €25 euro last year... they always have a deal at the start.

PS3 btw...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,683 ✭✭✭✭briany

FU Konami.

In these days of zero day releases on BitTorrent, Rapidshare etc., disparities in the release date between regions is asking for it. A good online component this year would be a deterrent to that however. Hopefully we'll get a good one this year. Thankfully FIFA 11 is coming to the PC with the next gen engine so at least I have something else to turn to if PES is not to my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Guys.

First off let me say. FIFA man here. Thought PES 2008, 2009 and 2010 were a disgrace to a once great series.

I just played the PES 11 MLO Beta at a mates house. I really really enjoyed it.

We just hopped on, signed Glen Whelan, Darron Gibson and Kevin Doyle and I played against a team with Messi, Snjider, Eto'o, Giovinco... I lost 2-1, Whelan hit the bar from 35+ with a first time effort that he recorded and will upload.

The game still seems sluggish, turning and tackling are kind of awkward, but lads, big progress has been made if this is only a 60% build.

Colour me impressed.

Edit:

Here is the shot:

EDIT AGAIN!:
    Ok, lads this game is SERIOUS FUN! I rematched the guy with the awesome team... and i beat him 2-1! I signed Zigic and he was immense.

Scored a wondergoal with Gibson and Zigic got the 2nd.

Here:

Ok, ive now played 6 games on the beta and my time with it is finished.

Here is my verdict.

This is very promising for PES. The game just plays better. Problems on the beta (which is a 60% build im told) are:

Player AI: Awful, players dont know where the ball is sometimes, even if its rolling past them.
    Tackling: Very awkward, you kind of have to run accross a players path and hope you knick the ball. So against Messi its very tough.
    Through balls: Still an element of luck in them.

But despite these flaws I had fun. I would find myself frustrated and saying things like "Jesus that is stupid" when playing the game... But when I was not playing, all I could think about was playing, its addictive.

Master League Online is a fantastic conception. Building a team is so fun. Earning money is tough, so you cant just grab Messi, Ronaldo and Villa, you have to play alot to earn cash, so spending wisely and making improvments is the way to go.

I played the demos for PES 2008, 2009 and 2010 and had goes on the full games and felt physically ill, but if the full version improves from this beta... I will buy the game. Im not sure if you understand how huge a statement that is coming from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Player AI: Awful, players dont know where the ball is sometimes, even if its rolling past them.
    Tackling: Very awkward, you kind of have to run accross a players path and hope you knick the ball. So against Messi its very tough.
    Through balls: Still an element of luck in them.

Does that make last year's release a Beta?

I don't hold out much hope that the AI will be any better by the time of the full release. Playing BAL mode in 2010 was so frustrating when you scored to get your team ahead only for the defenders to stand still while the attacker ran by or to back off until they were in a scoring position. Bal mode should also encourage you (or at least provide you with the option) to be a team player. But sh*t AI means you are forced to do everything yourself and find yourself defending despite playing as a CF.

Attacking AI also needs to be improved with teammates refusing to run ahead of you, leaving you to go on your own where the opposing defenders would defend properly or take you down with with no free kick been given.

The whole passing system needs some work. Pointing the analog stick in the direction of your team mate should result in your pass going to that player not just being tapped in front of you. The only time it seems to work is when the ball is passed to an opposition player.Through balls are again ridiculous to play and normally result in you playing a sh*tty pass than a defender intercepting it. Through balls over the top seem to work better for opposition teams but your team mates either play them to close to the keeper or perfectly into your path if you are offside.

If they fix even one of these things the game will be an improvement but as I have mentioned before I think the biggest improvement in this game will be not having Mark Lawerson on commentary.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I think the biggest improvement in this game will be not having Mark Lawerson on commentary.

My god yes.

Look at it this way, I couldnt play PES 2010, to the point where I actually rejected a free copy of it. Yet, I played this Beta of 2011 as much as I could and I want more, I actually need more, it kept me coming back for more. That has to be some improvement.

• Advertisement

It still seems to have that really restrictive movement where players can only move in 90 degree turns which I just hated. I do think I'll be buying Fifa this year and I'll hold out on PES until I hear some reviews from non-fanboys. (Not a swipe at anyone, its just a lot of people tend to go into PES hyperbuzz around this time of year)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

PES 2010 wasnt great at all, but from the few times ive played FIFA 10 it hasnt seemed to be as great as made out to be(serious issue for me is the difference of camera after playing pes). Was it really in the league of the likes of PES 6?

Ill definately get this anyway, looks a good improvement & sure itll be 30 quid in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

hope reality matches the hype:D

We all do. For too long has PES been resting on it's laurels and claiming improved ai and the like when in reality it's just ended up being a slightly nicer looking version of the previous game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

We all do. For too long has PES been resting on it's laurels and claiming improved ai and the like when in reality it's just ended up being a slightly nicer looking version of the previous game.

Have you played the demo? This is the biggest difference between 2 sucessive games I can remember. In a good way.

Having played the demo, I am optimistic that this year will be a good one. I've played FIFA's demo too and enjoyed that but because they only allow amateur difficulty, it makes it harder to make a fair comparison between the two. I don't know which one I'll choose as they both play a good game and the controls feel pretty responsive and natural but the glitches are not entirely gone. Last year I was apprehensive about passing back to the goalie because some of the inconsistencies in the goalie AI led to some terrible gaffes, just really horrendous stuff. But that seems to be gone this year, although I did score a goal via a "Bounce off defender who then chases it impotently as it rolls innocently into the net" scenario but those have happened in all previous years.

I just want that unpredictability back in PES. In previous years, there was the feeling that every game you played on it was unique, something different happened in each game (Goalie gets sent off, star player scores a goal that hits off both posts and crossbar, blatently offside goal is allowed) but that feeling has waned of late replaced with a feeling that your goalie probably will suffer something that would be the real world equivalent of having a mini stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus, what are Konami thinking moving the UK and Ireland release date back? I'm just going to wait the two extra days and get FIFA now.

briany wrote: »
    Having played the demo, I am optimistic that this year will be a good one. I've played FIFA's demo too and enjoyed that but because they only allow amateur difficulty, it makes it harder to make a fair comparison between the two.

:confused:

You can play on all difficulties, when they ask you your experience at the start, if you pick the 1st one its amateur, 2nd is semi-pro and 3rd is World Class. You can also change the difficulty in the settings before a game.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    :confused:

You can play on all difficulties, when they ask you your experience at the start, if you pick the 1st one its amateur, 2nd is semi-pro and 3rd is World Class. You can also change the difficulty in the settings before a game.

Hmmmmmm I don't remember that option when starting the game. Either the PC demo is different or ,more likely, I was so determined to skip through the "faff" that I just OK'd whatever.

Advertisement