Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diy basic tool set

Options
  • 04-05-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

just moving into new house and looking for a cheap reliable tool set to tackle a few jobs, basically something containing, hammer screwdrivers wrenches etc! anyone seen any good deals on tool sets lately, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Argos normally have, ranging from the bare basics upwards. Usually fairly cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Lidi or aldi were doing tool kits a few weeks ago, they are not super sets but good enough for basic DIY. If ya ask at a store they might have some left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

just moving into new house and looking for a cheap reliable tool set to tackle a few jobs, basically something containing, hammer screwdrivers wrenches etc! anyone seen any good deals on tool sets lately, cheers

Just to let you know, in the realm of tools, the words cheap and reliable are incompatible.
    Cheap = crap = unreliable
    Reliable = quality = more expensive

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tesco have a huge selection of tools at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Newcastlewest

Try Argos there is clearance sales..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,878 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Gun Shy

I'm on the lookout for a drill in the next few weeks, PM me in a few weeks time you would be more than welcome to have my old one (laois area but in dublin every so often) still works and will get you out of a hole. Best of luck with the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ikea have a small set

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I just got one of those Argos kits. Quality is cheap and plasticky like you'd expect, but for the price it looks OK for light DIY jobs around the house... just don't ever produce it in front of a mechanic or tradesman! :o

Advertisement