Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So what's your Excuse for Not Cycling ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

9. I’m a woman

Good news Caroline, we're off the hook :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

8. First I have to go on a diet

defo

4. Cycling is tiring
    It may look like it, but it isn’t the case. In fact, cycling gives you energy. The cyclist wins strength every day. Not only physically, also mentally. The harder the effort, the sharper the mind. Your boss will be happy too: the more you ride, the better your performance at work

thats just BS if your not tired your not going fast enough / hard enough

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

How very dare you? I am cycling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭serendip

A little harsh, perhaps? Surely it depends why you're cycling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

4. Cycling is tiring
    It may look like it, but it isn’t the case. In fact, cycling gives you energy. The cyclist wins strength every day. Not only physically, also mentally. The harder the effort, the sharper the mind. Your boss will be happy too: the more you ride, the better your performance at work

Indeed, as many weekend afternoons of utter uselessness can testify.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Gents, look away now.... (you've been warned)

Last week I got a blinding pain where men shouldnt feel pain, which resulted in me paying a doctor 55 euro to give me a good fondle. Prognosis - Testicular Torsion, ie twisted. Need an operation to sort it, after that itll be six weeks off the bike. Shite.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The dog ate my bike

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 seanhunt

its too windy

serendip wrote: »
    A little harsh, perhaps? Surely it depends why you're cycling.

nope not at all, i refer you to the following threads m'lud (commuter races)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055850176&highlight=commuter+races
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055443804&highlight=commuter+races

:D

which is rich coming from a fat lazy feck like me !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

My favourite ones at the moment are:

I'm racing tomorrow
    I'll do an extra long one tomorrow ...

Will have to try the I'm a woman one ... and No Dirk, you can't pull that one off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Your boss will be happy too: the more you ride, the better your performance at work

After you've had that snooze under the desk...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Bless me forum, for I have sinned, it's been 6 months (and 23 days) since my last spin. I'd like to blame it on traffic, weather, getting old and kids, but the simple truth is my tyres were falling apart and I'd no money to replace them. But now they are retired (sorry) and new ones are in place, so I'll do 20k tonight for my penance.

Just back from said 20k and body and bike still in one piece! Looking forward to tomorrow's doms. :rolleyes: Anyone else get doms in the back of the neck? (I've a big head!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Have done about 300km in past few days with 5000m of climbing in driving rain, freezing fog and sleet.
    I am old slow and fat.
    HTFU ye have no excuses.

BTW I hate cycling! I just like wearing lycra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

i had to bury the cat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

ROK ON wrote: »
    Have done about 300km in past few days with 5000m of climbing in driving rain, freezing fog and sleet.

I too often get lost whilst cycling.

i have a sore throat (damn infection hazard of an OH)
    desperately hoping it clears up by sunday :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Scared of getting run-over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Just back from said 20k and body and bike still in one piece! Looking forward to tomorrow's doms. :rolleyes: Anyone else get doms in the back of the neck? (I've a big head!)
    Yes, if I decide to use the drops for extended periods, I'll have a stiff neck the next day. Still only getting used to it though. They're clearly muscles I don't use otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

work & study - damn the person who semesterised the Irish academic year.

I did have a cracked rib or two for a while, but I'm not sure I can use that execuse anymore.

By the way - how come when I'm out for a spin the only people I run too are

a) .....only out for a "recovery" spin;
    b) .....coming back from injury or illness;
    c) ......only getting back into it (cycling);
    d) .....just getting into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭L'Enfer du Nord

Mass is on...
    Not that I’m going to mass, just that I want to avoid the SUV borne congregation on their way to and from Mass.

Walked past a church recently near Padua in Italy (very flat area), lots of people arriving by bicycle. Don’t know if I’ve ever seen someone parking a bike outside a church in Ireland. Do any churches have bike parks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

X ray showing titanium rods at back of spine and titanium plate at front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Stee wrote: »
    Gents, look away now.... (you've been warned)

Last week I got a blinding pain where men shouldnt feel pain, which resulted in me paying a doctor 55 euro to give me a good fondle. Prognosis - Testicular Torsion, ie twisted. Need an operation to sort it, after that itll be six weeks off the bike. Shite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

I've got a bit of a sniffle?

Also I was in England over the weekend and had no bike. I was offered a quick spin on a full suspension MTB but it just felt all wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭buzzingnoise

daragh_ wrote: »
    I've got a bit of a sniffle?

Also I was in England over the weekend and had no bike. I was offered a quick spin on a full suspension MTB but it just felt all wrong...

it's ok, there's no need to feel bad about it, it wasn't your fault, someone lead you astray.
    i spent three months in the shower after my last muckbiking experience.
    we should form a support group!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

it's ok, there's no need to feel bad about it, it wasn't your fault, someone lead you astray.
    i spent three months in the shower after my last muckbiking experience.
    we should form a support group!

It's family pressure. My little sister is a rabid Truffle Hunter (her phrase :D). She keeps sending me these huge baggy shorts and is horrified by my Lycra gear.

Advertisement