Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gala Vs Centra

Options
  • 04-05-2010 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭

Hmmm, just dropped into Gala in Eyre Square for a wrap there. I ordered a hot chicken fillet wrap with tomato, lettuce and cheese. Got the option of a free can or bottle of water with it too. Cost me e2.99.

Same thing would cost me e4.40 in Centra around the corner, minus the can.

Feck all difference in terms of quality, big difference in price. Strange the way two businesses so close to each other can have such varying prices.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

ya i find gala's hot food counter decent to, 2 jambon €3and nicest 1s round

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Businesses charge differing prices for wares Shocker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Enda's beside Gala is way better. Cheapest roll in town and much better chicken fillets. everything else in the shop in general is cheaper than both gala and centra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

d-gal wrote: »
    Enda's beside Gala is way better. Cheapest roll in town and much better chicken fillets. everything else in the shop in general is cheaper than both gala and centra

I wholeheartly agree with this statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Yeah Enda's is way better in general but in particular in terms of cleanliness.

Would love someone from the HSE to go into Gala's hot food counter at 3 o clock at night.

The way they handle the food and surrounding area is disgraceful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

Gala for me, love nothing more than getting a chicken fillet roll after a night out, rather than supermacs. Poll maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Enda's Spicy Chicken Is A Winner For Me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Hot chicken rolls €3 in the last few centra's I've been in e.g. clarinbridge yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

snubbleste wrote: »
    Yeah, but the proliferation of these type of places around the square must mean that Centra should at least look at what the competition was charging. Businesses do that also. :P
    d-gal wrote: »
    Actually Endas is a really nice shop all round. The staff in there are really sound. I havent tried their wares from the deli counter yet. Might nip up there at lunch time and see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Londis (by the hospital) - Chicken/Turkey Breakfast rolls for 1.89 FTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

snubbleste wrote: »

Sarcastic post in informative and useful thread Shocker :rolleyes:

Advertisement