Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paris-Roubaix or Dublin-Drogheda?

• 04-05-2010 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭

One from 1933, muddy faces, cobbles and crowds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭biker_joe

Hey Glenamaddy

Be A great Race to put back on the calender, by the time I had started racing, i think it had just gone from the calender maybe in 1999 or 2000 ?

I think it used to be run on Patrick's Day .... maybe we should take it to the
    committee for next year ?

Biker Joe

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

One from 1933, muddy faces, cobbles and crowds
    Those roads were in a damn site better shape then than they are now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I see Adolf made the photoshoot at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Seems like a very small field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

biker_joe wrote: »
    Be A great Race to put back on the calender,
    Yeah, Straight down the M1! I'd be more interested in resurecting the Skerries Grand Prix as a town criterium.
    biker_joe wrote: »
    by the time I had started racing, i think it had just gone from the calender maybe in 1999 or 2000 ?
    I raced in the late 80's , and I don't remember this one. The Tour of Fingal was the only race I remember that ventured near the capital.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

It was deffo around in the early-mid ninties anyway.
    What ever happened to all the crits that went on. There was a great one that used to go on in Finglas.Very short and very fast.
    The one in the Pheonix park that went round the eagle monument down past civil defence up past the Racecourse and back to the main road.I know its full of speed humps now.
    I know the were more as I remeber racing them but cant remember where they were..:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

I remember those crit's, Robfowl told me they were organised by the late Paddy Sullivan, in whose name there should have been a crit in the Phoenix Park on Tuesday evening two weeks ago.

Baldoyle Industrial Estate was another venue, the Finglas one was in Glasnevin Industrial Estate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I think there is a crit coming up in the Park next Tuesday, 11/5/2010. AFAIK Usher IRC are organising it but there is nothing on their website. It's on the Cycling Ireland and Irish Cycling calendars. I did it last year, second open race, found it terrifying. It was a handicap IIRC last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

are you guys talking about the pheonix pk crit every tuesday?, or something similar..but different ..which has now been axed..or not.
    I use to do some of the pk crits when I raced, are they still doing them from May through summer :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

the Finglas one was in Glasnevin Industrial Estate?
    The one I took part in went thru the village.Up by the church straight to down the main road and took the furtherst entrance back into the village.

• Advertisement
Advertisement