Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus/NTL officially rebrand as UPC

• 04-05-2010 1:57pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Today after 5 years chorus/ntl has officially rebranded as UPC

I'm currently attending the media event I'll post anything interesting so watch this space

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

UPC just announced they are launching 100 mb broadband, no more details yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

bk wrote: »
    UPC just announced they are launching 100 mb broadband, no more details yet.

yes but is it in THIS country;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

LOL yes, it seems the 100mb broadband will be coming shortly in the next few months. No details on price, etc. Sounds like it will come in over the current 30mb product.

A few other things announced at the event:

Craig Doyle is the new spokesperson for UPC
    UPC didn't want to rebrand until they had upgraded the majority of the network.
    Pass 600,000 homes 2/3rd's upgraded
    Announced the purchase of Broadworks, 6,500 new customers, will be integrated into the UPC network over the next 3 months.
    Will be launching VOD in 2011

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

UPC to offer highest ever broadband speed in Ireland
    Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 02:33 PM

International cable operator UPC is to more than treble the speed of its broadband capability, it was announced today.

The company has invested more than €300m to help roll out a 100Mb fibre power service across the state.

The system will be supplied to around a million homes by the summer.

Eamon Ryan, Communications Minister, praised UPC’s plans, branding them ambitious.

“The speeds of broadband that we are beginning to see in Ireland are evidence that the Government’s policy of competition in the market is working,” he said.

The fastest current broadband speed stands at 30Mb, also offered by UPC.

Read more: http://www.examiner.ie/breakingnews/ireland/upc-to-offer-highest-ever-broadband-speed-in-ireland-456328.html#ixzz0myBpKPvf

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

My 30 meg is still not working.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I still can't get BB/HD off them :(

Advertisement