If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limited Volume Headphones for Kids

• 04-05-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi Ash / John,

Can you give me a quotation for the Philips SHK1030 headphones for kids? Can you also give me a brief description how to limit the sound output? Have to protect those little ears but JLS are hard to listen to;) oh, and what colours are they available in?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 RGMR2

The headphones that is!:o

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

RGMR2 wrote: »
    Hi Ash / John,

Can you give me a quotation for the Philips SHK1030 headphones for kids? Can you also give me a brief description how to limit the sound output? Have to protect those little ears but JLS are hard to listen to;) oh, and what colours are they available in?

Many Thanks

RGMR2,
    thanks for the post - and yes the original post was a little confusing :confused: - I could have replied that kids are available in most colours but if you did not have them yet - perhaps it was a little early to be buying the headphones....:confused:

Anyway after clarification ;) the SHK1030 are available in Blue for blue kids and the SHK1031 are available in Pink for pink or light red kids.

Here is a link to the specs for the 1031 (the 1030 have the same specs)

The volume of these headphones can be set by the parents and then the volume control can be locked (it's in a lockable control box) to ensure that your kids hearing is not permenently damaged by prolonged exposure to JLS (their emotional well being however we cannot guarantee at any level..).

Seriously though these really are a great idea and they have to be recommended to all parents whose kids use headphones - even with portable DVD it's amazing the volume that kids can listen at and it WILL damage their hearing if they listen for any prolonged period at high levels.

On the price front - we are really competitive - they retail at €14.99 howveer yo can take 10% off as a Boardie Philips Shop deal so the net price is just €13.49.

Thanks again for the post and please do drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Most excellent response John!! :D Made me laugh. Pink is the order of the day in this house so may I please have 2 of your finest headphones for pink children?

Many thanks. Red Dad:o

Most excellent response John!! :D Made me laugh. Pink is the order of the day in this house so may I please have 2 of your finest headphones for pink children?

Many thanks. Red Dad:o

Red Dad,

I'll get the Pinkie Nicola from Philips to give you a shout this afternoon to get you sorted,

Thanks again for the biz - how is the 8404 and the Humax going???

(I have the really nice new Sagemcom 500GB Freesat recorder coming in next week - you would like that!)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

8404 and Humax are workng a treat! Amazing how much JLS footage can be stored on the PVR:rolleyes:.

Bluie Fergal has me sorted for the cans so thanks a million!

No doubt I'll come up with some other essential that I really need and be in touch soon.

Best Regards,

Red RGMR2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Pink Nicola on behalf of Pink Ash :D

Well heck if I'm pink then Ash has to be pink too!

Drop me a PM with your number or pop in and we'll get your pink kids and they're little ears sorted. :D

Thanks, Nicola.

Thanks Folks. Got the Headphones in good time and the girls are really please with them. Simple system to limit the volume but it seems to work very well. Glad this was adjustable as the unlimited volume that they deliver is incredibly loud.

Thanks again.

Thanks Folks. Got the Headphones in good time and the girls are really please with them. Simple system to limit the volume but it seems to work very well. Glad this was adjustable as the unlimited volume that they deliver is incredibly loud.

Thanks again.

RG,

Great and glad you are happy with these - I'm not sure if most parents realise how important that moderate volume levels are - especially for kids ears and these headphones are a great and simple way to monitor & control the volume levels.

If anyone wants the details on these cans - here is the link

Thanks again for the Biz - it's much appreciated!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi there, 

Looking for the same, but seeing this is an old thread, what is available nowadays?

Thanks

W.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Unfortunately I cannot think of any model that's currently available.

We can get most brands so if there are any that spring to mind, let us know but there isn't that anything that is on our stock at present.

Many thanks

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.