Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Lucan Bus Changes

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

hayser wrote: »
    Thanks Lord Lucan. It'll be a bit of a pain having to walk over from Mary Street especially on rainy days but I'll just have to buy an umbrella lol.
    if you have travel 90's you could catch two buses for less than the price of a single fair,

but there ain't buses that way :(

IIRC you could also catch the bus at the viking ship thing to the right of the bridge.

Check out Arnotts bargain store for cheap umbrellas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

Thanks Capt'n Midnight. I'm thinking of renting in Moyglare. Would you know what bus stop is nearest to this estate?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

dublinbus.ie web site has timetables for all buses, and if you pick one you can also see the location of the stops on google maps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

I had a look at dublinbus but unfortunately it's not very clear which stop is closest to Moyglare for the 66 or 67. I also had a look at Google Maps and the only road listed that's also listed on dublinbus.ie is the Leixlip / Celbridge Road but I'm not which stop along the Leixlip / Celbridge Road to get off at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

At the moment the closest bus to Moyglare is the 66 which leaves you in the Main Street, before turning left along Straffan Road.

The 67 leaves you at the railway station in Maynooth (also on the Straffan Road).

It is planned that the 67 will be extended to Moyglare in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 joeydel

Hi I just got a job in lucan village and was wondering if there is a bus service from adamstown train station to the village?

Short answer is no.

You can take a 151 to the Newcastle Road at the Esker Road junction and walk from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

How long would it be to walk from A'town trainstation to Lucan village? About half an hour?

unkel wrote: »
    How long would it be to walk from A'town trainstation to Lucan village? About half an hour?
    http://www.nationaltransport.ie/travelinfo.html
    To: ITALIAN EMBASSY, MAIN ROAD, LUCAN, DUBLIN
    Distance: 2.678 km Time: 32 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

joeydel wrote: »
    Hi I just got a job in lucan village and was wondering if there is a bus service from adamstown train station to the village?

where are you travelling from originally?

there may be other bus/train options to Lucan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Its 30 minutes from the village up to superquinn, I'd say nearly 45 minutes from the station. Its a long walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 joeydel

Riskymove wrote: »
    where are you travelling from originally?

there may be other bus/train options to Lucan

Hi, i'm traveling from Laois so it looks like Adamstown is the nearest stop to Lucan. I have been searching online for a route that would even bring me within 10 or 15 min walk but im unfamiliar with the area!I would be happy to walk but I dont think I'd stick a 45 min walk each way for long:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

joeydel wrote: »
    Hi, i'm traveling from Laois so it looks like Adamstown is the nearest stop to Lucan. I have been searching online for a route that would even bring me within 10 or 15 min walk but im unfamiliar with the area!I would be happy to walk but I dont think I'd stick a 45 min walk each way for long:)

there is another option but a bit more roundabout .....but better than a 45 min walk in rain

if you can get a train to Hazelhatch, jump on the shuttle bus (not all trains meet this but many do) to celbridge (only a couple of mins) and get a 67 or 67a to Lucan village

there is also the 239 bus although its very infrequent, it goes via the lock road road down to lucan village

under the proposed changes to bus routes the 25b will start from adamstown and bring you to the N4/Lucan road junction (woodies) which still means either a walk (although a lot less than 45 mins) or getting another bus from there down to the village

otherwise your option is to get train into hueston and get a bus back out to Lucan

you could get the new 25B to Woodies and then catch a 66/67 to the village

train to Hazelhatch would probably be quicker in rush hour traffic :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

I'm trying to work this one out, so the 25a will now bypass Chapelizod, will any bus from Lucan now stop in Chapelizod? or how close will the 25a / 25b stop to Chapelizod?

The reason I ask is that my sister lives in Chapelizod, I don't drive and I visit her each weekend, does this mean I have to get off the 25a at the ranch / John's Rd and then get a 79 back up to Ballyfermot?

If there's a bus stop near enough the entrance to Chapelizod (from the N4) then I don't mind so much.

I'm trying to work this one out, so the 25a will now bypass Chapelizod, will any bus from Lucan now stop in Chapelizod? or how close will the 25a / 25b stop to Chapelizod?

The reason I ask is that my sister lives in Chapelizod, I don't drive and I visit her each weekend, does this mean I have to get off the 25a at the ranch / John's Rd and then get a 79 back up to Ballyfermot?

If there's a bus stop near enough the entrance to Chapelizod (from the N4) then I don't mind so much.

The 25 will still serve Chapelizod, as will the 66/a/b and 67.

The nearest stop on the 25a/25b would be at the service station in Palmerstown. The next stop would be on the Con Colbert Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

KC61 wrote: »
    The 25 will still serve Chapelizod, as will the 66/a/b and 67.

The nearest stop on the 25a/25b would be at the service station in Palmerstown. The next stop would be on the Con Colbert Road.

So the nearest 25 bus stop to Finnstown is Lucan Village? still, I suppose it's better than going all the way to St. John's Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

So the nearest 25 bus stop to Finnstown is Lucan Village? still, I suppose it's better than going all the way to St. John's Road.

Yep,It's either a walk down to the village and catch a 25 or get a 25a to Woodies and catch a 25 from there.

Just to flag that these changes (for better or worse) will take place on Sunday November 21st:

Diagram of changes here.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Network-Direct---LucanNorth-Kildare/
    Network Direct - Lucan/North Kildare
    Saturday, November 06, 2010
    Dublin Bus is pleased to announce the implementation of the next phase of the Network Direct project. Starting Sunday 21st November a more direct, high frequency, punctual bus service is coming Lucan, Leixlip, Maynooth and Celbridge. Full timetables for these services will be available Friday 12th November on this site. Read further details here.

Service Changes
    Route 25b will operate from Adamstown via Foxborough to Merrion Square.

Routes 25a and 25b will be combined from the junction of Griffeen Avenue / Griffeen Road giving a 5 minute peak and 15 minute off peak service to and from Merrion Square. (The unique sections on these routes will offer services of 10 minutes peak and 30 minutes outside peak times).

Route 151 will operate to Foxborough and connections can be made at this point with Routes 25a and 25b.

Route 66/66a/66b/67 will operate from their current terminus in Maynooth to Merrion Square.

Route 25x from Dodsboro and 66x/67x will remain with timetable adjustments.

Timetable Changes
    All timetables will be redesigned so that they will be easier to understand. Please note that new timetables read from left to right and then line by line as in a book or magazine. Weekdays are given their own column separated by colour. All routes will now have stop-specific departure times at selected locations for e.g. route 39a will have specific departure times from Blanchardstown Centre making it easier to plan your journey. Stop-specific timetables will be available to download as pdfs and are located at the top of the timetable pages on this site.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-Direct/Network-Direct-Phase-1/Lucan/
    Lucan/North Kildare
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What does Network Direct mean for you?
    Starting Sunday 21st November a more direct, high frequency, punctual bus service is coming to Lucan. Please Click Here to view a diagram or here to see FAQ's on services in these areas.

Lucan / North Kildare area:

Route 25b will operate from Adamstown via Foxborough to Merrion Square.
    Routes 25a and 25b will be combined from the junction of Griffeen Avenue / Griffeen Road giving a 5 minute peak and 15 minute off peak service to and from Merrion Square. (The unique sections on these routes will offer services of 10 minutes peak and 30 minutes outside peak times).
    Route 151 will operate to Foxborough and connections can be made at this point with Routes 25a and 25b.

These changes will deliver:

A simpler network that is easier to understand
    More frequent services
    Meet customer demand and adjust journey patterns
    More direct services
    Improved punctuality and reliability
    Through a comprehensive redesign, Dublin Bus has been able to achieve these requirements.

Please note Xpresso routes are not shown on the diagram. Nitelink services remain unchanged.

Services in Lucan and North Kildare will be enhanced with the following changes:

More Frequent Services
    Two core routes (25a, 25b) will have peak frequencies of 10 minutes or better. The proposed 25a and 25b will replace the current 25x services from Foxborough, Adamstown, Griffeen and Superquinn Lucan. The 25a service will follow its current alignment to Palmerstown, and then operate via Chapelizod bypass to Merrion Square. The 25b will follow the current 25x routing from Adamstown via Griffeen and Foxborough using the Chapelizod bypass to Merrion Square. The 25x from Dodsboro will remain.

Improved Timetables
    All our timetables will be redesigned. They will be easier to understand and at consistent times past each hour.

Meet customer demand and adjust journey patterns

All services operating to the city from the Lucan Road will operate to Merrion Square
    Route 25a and 25b will offer faster journey times to the City Centre through the utilisation of the Chapelizod QBC bypass with a combined peak frequency of a bus every 5 minutes
    Route 67 will operate from its current terminus on Straffan Road. The extension to Moyglare Road will take place at a later date
    Route 66 will operate from its current terminus on Straffan Road. It will be extended to serve the Beaufield / Meadowbrook area and Glen Easton at a later date
    Route 66x and 67x will have a minor timetable and routing change
    Route 26 will offer a connection from Chapelizod to Ballyfermot and Merrion Square
    Route 151 will operate from Balgaddy Road at Foxborough offering interchange with route 25a and 25b
    More Direct Services
    Route 25a and 25b will maximise the bus priority on the Chapelizod QBC giving faster journey times to all our customers.

A simpler network that is easier to understand
    With two core services giving more coverage in the Lucan area we have managed to simplify and improve the service to this area.

Improved punctuality and reliability
    All service changes will offer improved punctuality and reliability by maximising the use of priority on QBCs, operating at even frequencies and managing our buses with the use of GPS control systems.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-Direct/Network-Direct-Phase-1/Lucan/Lucan-FAQs/
    Lucan/North Kildare FAQ's

What alignment do the Lucan Road services take in the city centre?

Route 25/25a/25b
    Inbound: Buses will operate via the North Quays, O’Connell Bridge, College Street, Nassau Street, Kildare Street, Merrion Row, Merrion Street Upper, Merrion Square South

Outbound: Buses will operate via Merrion Square South, Fitzwilliam Street Upper, Fitzwilliam Place, Leeson Street, St. Stephen’s Green, Dawson Street, Suffolk Street, Westmoreland Street, Aston Quay

Routes 66/66a/66b/67
    Inbound: Buses will operate via the North Quays, O’Connell Bridge, College Street, Nassau Street, Clare Street, Merrion Square West, Merrion Square South

Outbound: Buses will operate via Merrion Square South, Merrion Square West, Merrion Square North, Clare Street, Lincoln Place, Westland Roa, Pearse Street, and Westmoreland Street

Will Route 25x continue to operate from Dodsboro?
    Yes and Route 25x will be extended to UCD, Belfield.

Will Route 25x continue to operate from South Lucan?
    Route 25x will be replaced by Route 25a and Route 25b. These routes have been designed to provide a simple, high frequency peak and all day service and will cover all the areas currently served by Route 25x (e.g. Superquinn Lucan, Finnstown, Adamstown, Foxborough, Griffeen Avenue). There will be a 10 minute frequency of service at peak times on each route. The two routes will operate the same route to Merrion Square in the City Centre from Foxborough where buses will operate at 5 minute intervals.

Route 25a will operate on the current route to Palmerstown and will operate from Palmerstown via the Chapelizod bypass to Merrion Square

Route 25b will operate from Adamstown via Lock Road, Esker Road, Griffeen Avenue and Foxborough to The Penny Hill Pub. It will then operate the same route as Route 25a via Chapelizod bypass to Merrion Square

Route 25a and 25b will take advantage of the recent improvements to the Lucan Quality Bus Corridor (QBC) and travel on the Chapelizod bypass giving faster journey times to the City Centre.

What fares will apply on Route 25a and 25b?
    Regular fares will apply on these routes.

Will Route 25 continue to operate?
    Yes. Route 25 will remain on its current route from Dodsboro to the City Centre and will be extended to Merrion Square. The timetable for this service will be improved with even departure intervals.

Will Route 151 continue to operate from Adamstown?
    Route 151 will be replaced in Adamstown by Route 25b which will operate from Adamstown via Lock Road, Esker Road, Griffeen Avenue, Foxborough, The Penny Hill Pub, then Chapelizod bypass to Merrion Square). Route 151 will terminate at Balgaddy Road (Foxborough) where interchange with 25a and 25b will be available. It will continue to serve Grange Castle Business Park.

Will Route 26 continue to operate?
    Yes. Route 26 will operate from Upper Kennelsfort Road (Palmerstown Cemetery) via Ballyfermot Road, Kylemore Road, Chapelizod, South Circular Road, St. John’s Road, North Quays, D’Olier Street, Nassau Street to Merrion Square

Will Route 66 continue to operate?
    Yes. Route 66 will operate on its current alignment to the City Centre and be extended to Merrion Square. The extension serving Meadowbrook and Glen Easton will take place at a later stage.

Will Route 66 still serve Kilcock?
    Route 66 will no longer serve Kilcock. Alternative services for passengers wishing to travel to and from Kilcock will be provided by Bus Éireann’s service from Enfield to the City Centre which serves Kilcock. Rail services are also provided by Irish Rail.

Will Route 67 change?
    Yes. Route 67 and 67a will operate from Maynooth as one Route, Route 67. Route number 67a will no longer be used. Route 67 will operate as presently from its current terminus in Maynooth to the city centre and be extended to Merrion Square. The proposed new terminus for Route 67 at Moyglare Hall will be introduced in a later phase.

New timetables here:

25a

25b

25x

66a

66b

66x

67a Cancelled - replaced by 67

67x

• Advertisement

A further update on www.dublinbus.ie regarding the city centre stops:
    Where in the city centre do the Lucan Road buses stop?

Routes 25x, 66x, 67x There is no change to the city centre stops for Xpresso Services

Routes 25/25a/25b
    Inbound:
    Bus stops are located on Bachelors Walk (Stop EN), College Street (Stop CW), Nassau Street (Stop NE), Kildare Street (Stop SA), Merrion Row (Stop no. 748) & Merrion Square South (Stop no. 4681 Terminus)

Outbound: Bus stops are located on Merrion Square South (Stop no. 4681 Terminus), Leeson Street (Stop no. 909 & 786), Dawson Street (NG), Suffolk Street (NJ) & Aston Quay (Stop no. will be updated prior to implementation)

Routes 66/66a/66b/67
    Inbound: Bus stops are located on Bachelors Walk (Stop EN), College Street (Stop CW), Nassau Street (Stop NE), Merrion Square West (Stop no. 2810), Merrion Square South (Stop no. 4681 Terminus)

Outbound: Bus stops are located on Merrion Square South (Stop no. 4681 Terminus), Merrion Square North (Stop no. 493), Clare Street (Stop no. 494), Westland Row (Stop no. 495), Pearse Street (Stop no. 400 & Stop CF) & Westmoreland Street (Stop no. 312)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

This is typical dublin bus, half doing a job. 25a/b stop for commuters from the city is not known yet and only twi days left for most people to find.

So Westmoreland St is not a stop no more for 25a/25b.

While I agree with this as its bad and dangerous with buses, Ashton quay is no better and a safety concern also.

This is typical dublin bus, half doing a job. 25a/b stop for commuters from the city is not known yet and only twi days left for most people to find.

So Westmoreland St is not a stop no more for 25a/25b.

While I agree with this as its bad and dangerous with buses, Ashton quay is no better and a safety concern also.

Aston Quay will no longer be a bus terminus once the 78a and 79 are merged with the 40 and 27b respectively, so that should improve the safety of that location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭rgfuller

I belive the Aston Quay stop (outbound) is at Abigails Hostel on Aston Quay.

rgfuller wrote: »
    I belive the Aston Quay stop (outbound) is at Abigails Hostel on Aston Quay.

Correct - just between Aston Place (2nd turn left) and Bedford Row (3rd turn left).

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wiblick

Accidently posted this to D15. On the 26 new route through Ballyfermot etc. We get to pay for the doglegs! 40c dearer to get to town

Advertisement